Friday, April 21, 2017

Royal Holiday || Easter 2017


John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son so that everyone that believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life.

Easter Sunday has come and gone but the candy still remains. Even at this moment in time I really think that this was one of the best Easters we've ever had. Since our tax return was delayed for about six weeks, we got later rather than sooner. But with it, I was able to get us ready for Easter in style. I was able to get Sofia this adorable white dress made by OshKosh at Target. Paired with some equally cute gladiator sandals, she was like a white dressed angel. But I gave her ensemble a bit of color with a rose flower crown and everybody loved her look! I was more surprised than anything because I really thought she was going to be bland. But nope, she scored the winning look once again.




Service was AWESOME and my pastor never fails to find a way to remind us that God loves us sooo much. What a sacrifice he made for us. The reversal of how we had to sacrifice for him is just so wonderful to know about. He gave his son for us and now we are forever saved. I had so many tears and I just worshiped him thanking him over and over for what he has done for me and for mine.

After our sermon, we headed outside with the hundreds of kids it seemed for the enormous egg hunt we have every year. Sofia met up with Masie, a girl who will be going to the Texas School of the Arts with her this year (more in another post about that). We waited and waited and I snapped photo after photo.











Then it was time! The air horn was blown and the kids were off, Sofia included. She, of course, missed all of the eggs in front of her even as we were trying to tell her to come back, but in the end, she got a good amount of eggs in her basket. We were pretty impressed with how she managed to pick up three eggs at a time. She's so damn smart sometimes!





Better her than me cause Mama can't lean down that low anymore! 







 

When you and your child are on point for Easter Sunday...
We went to the in-laws to spend the rest of the day eating dinner and hanging out. Sofia had yet another egg hunt that she did (which brought the total up to three because she did one at her papi's job that previous Thursday) I chilled inside watching television but came out to eat some serious grub since Lent was over and meat was allowed again. Usually in El Rey's family that meant barbecue!













All in all I'd say this was a great Easter...one of the faves in my opinion.


1 comment:

  1. Sofia's face in the last pic is great! She must have had a good Easter and she looked adorable in her Easter outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...