Thursday, February 16, 2017

Throwback Days || Remembering High School Days


Real life is something else isn't it? With so much you have to do as an adult, it's no wonder that you hear people (myself included) saying that they wish they were back in those high school days where the majority of the worries you had were if you passed your grades or if that boy liked you. I saw that my blogging friend Leslie had written this survey on her own blog and I, being a natural quiz lover wanted to follow suit! Let's take a walk in my high school years, shall we?

1 Did you date someone from your school?
Yes. A couple of them really, but it wasn't until senior year that found my first long term relationship with a guy named Steven. We dated and were boyfriend and girlfriend for seven crazy yet awesome months.

2 Did you marry someone from your school?
No. I married Juan and we met while we worked at John Peter Smith hospital.

3 Did you carpool to school?
Yes. I carpooled with my uncle, my cousin Amber and a neighbor/friend.

4 What kind of car did you have?
I didn't have a car.

5 What kind of car do you have now?
I share a Dodge Ram 1500 with my hubby

6 It's Friday - football games or party?
It was iffy. I sometimes went to North Crowley to watch football games but other than that, I was at home.

7 It's Saturday night? (I'm guessing you want to know what I would've been doing?)
Majority of the time, I was at home hanging with my friend Michael.

8 What kind of job did you have in high school?
I didn't have a job.

9 What kind of job do you have now?
I'm an assistant

10 Were you a party animal?
Nope. I was never invited to a party and I never had a party at my house. My high school years were pretty boring in that aspect.

11 Were you considered a flirt?
Yes.

12 Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I was in choir as a alto.

13 Were you a nerd?
Not really. I was just trying to survive high school.

14 Did you get suspended or expelled?
Nope. Never.

15 Can you sing the fight song?
I never knew. Didn't pay attention or care to learn it.  

16 Who was your favorite teacher?
My algebra teacher, Mr. Tuttle. He was always so understanding and nice to me. He always made sure to help me out with any difficulties and even called me Smiles.

17 Where did you sit during lunch?
Outside in the courtyard with my friends. We were kind of the outcasts of the school, but we didn't care cause we had each other.

18 What was your school's full name?
James Martin High School

19 When did you graduate?
2004

20 What was your school mascot?
Warriors

21 If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Maybe. If I had more understanding of math. That was really what brought my life in school down. Other than that, I think I'd be okay with it.

22 Did you have fun at the prom?
I LOVED IT. Greatest night of my teenage life. Funny story: My mom brought me to my prom in Dallas and dropped me and Steven off. We tried to find somebody we knew but there wasn't anybody. The reason was because our prom was across the street. We were at another school's prom! That didn't stop me from hiking up my dress and running across the street to get to mine.  What? Those tickets weren't cheap!

23 Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with?
Not anymore. Things happened in his life and we separated.

24 Are you planning on going to your next reunion?

Not sure. I didn't even go to the first high school reunion cause I forgot it.

25 Do you still talk to people from school?
Yes. Facebook is an amazing thing. It feels like we never left each other from school.

and now some photos from way back when...

My school


My senior photos




Prom




How was high school for you all? Show me and others by doing this survey too! Let's reminisce together.



1 comment:

  1. Crazy that we both had Warriors as our high school mascot! My math teacher also called me Smiley! So funny. Your prom story made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...