Monday, September 19, 2016
La Reina || Life As I Know It
So things have been so super busy lately these past few weeks. I know I keep saying that but it's the honest TRUTH. I gotta say, after being at home with Sofia for the four years that she has been alive, it's been difficult trying to back into the swing of things with working; even if it's only for two days because not only do I have to go to work, but I have to drop off and pick up Juan from work on those days as well so I just feel so exhausted when I get home. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are about the same too because I still have to pick up Juan but also Sofia from school. (My dad gets her on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm at work.) Then there is also cleaning to be done during those free days.
So like I said, it's difficult, but I'm getting used to it more and more as I go through this new day to day life.
I haven't left blogging if some of you guys are wondering, but I won't be posting every day or every other day like I used to. At least until I can get all this life situated to where it's just easy to do so. But I want to catch you up some of the things that have been going on so far.
1. Sofia and her Pre-K classes are doing great! She's gotten smiley faces for conduct every day so far and loves going to school for those three hours. I love that she loves it too, but I wish that it was a little longer and I wish that it wasn't just a prison. I can't even go and talk to the teacher for a few minutes before class starts with out being escorted there. Hey, at least my child is safe, right?
2. I'm now an aunt to a third child! Little Isabella Aurora was born on August 31, 2016 to my sister Alisha. She's the mother of Anastasia. I managed to go and see her after getting Sofia at the hospital the day after she was born. Izzy is the smallest little thing at six pounds and I couldn't help but think how baby doll like she was but just beautiful. Alisha was happy to see me and I was as well cause we don't spend as much time together as I'd like to. Maybe as things progress in life, that might change. I have faith.
3. Work is work! Taking care of one and two year olds is very challenging but I'm happy I've been given this opportunity to do so because I have been needing to get back into the job field. I work as an assistant teacher with Estela and we only have five children to take care of. They are so spirited and there is one little boy who because he isn't used to being in child care, cries all day long. For about six to seven hours. We try all we can to calm him down but he's still not feeling being there. I just hope that things can get easier for all of us cause my job won't end until May. That's a long time of crying, just saying.
4. As of this month, I have been driving for seven months. That's right! Seven. Despite that not being a lot of months, I'm still doing good with driving on the freeway, driving at night and driving in the rain. Have there been any wrecks? No, but a lot of close calls. I'm still feeling pretty confident behind the wheel though and I can't wait to be driving for 50+ years like my mom and aunt has.
5. I had a birthday party session a week ago and it was really great to be able to use my camera because I haven't had a session since last October. I was having a photography drought for serious! I took photos at a 75th party and even though it was my job, I really had a good time connecting with everybody there. Especially the birthday girl, Katie who reminded me so much of my Nanny. It's always a blessing to meet somebody who brings those feelings back. I hope she and her family are happy with the photos and will contact me again for more of them.
Life is getting better and after getting my first paycheck and paying tithes in church, I finally feel like it's the life I've been trying to work for. Praise Jesus for keeping me in His sight and leading me in the right direction. It's really what I need. What my family needs.