Thursday, June 2, 2016

La Reina || My Guilty Pleasure!


So I know I've been absent as of late, but reality is real over here. Between driving around and looking for jobs and cleaning the house, I've been pretty busy. But hey! Here I am and I just want to share with you something I've been doing during my free time. I have been seriously indulging in what I call my guilty pleasure.

K-Dramas! Or Korean dramas for those who are unaware...

I love the hell out of these! Even more so than American prime time. More so than telenovelas. They are so full of emotion and action sometimes that I'm on the edge of my seat or nearly in tears. So good... I'm surprised by how many I've already watched and loved in my lifetime. If you are okay with subtitles then sit back and relax with these shows. They are totally worth it.

Here are the ones I've seen and recommend (seriously! you're missing out!):



1. 1000 Kisses: This is literally the first drama I set my eyes on. I started watching it on Crunchyroll and then just couldn't stop. It's about a woman who finds her life turned upside down by divorce and and adulterous husband. When a certain man comes into that life to fall in love with her, they have to go through so many trials just to stay together. This was so good and so emotional. I don't know how many times I've seen water thrown on somebody in here.


2. Scent of a Woman: One of my all time favorite dramas. I can go back and watch this over and over again and not grow bored of it.  When the lead lady finds herself with only months to live, she finds life through her bucket list and also love along the way. There's not to say that she doesn't have hardships along with the diagnosis, but still she finds inner strength through it all. WARNING: There is a lot of crying in this one. Very painful in the feels sometimes.


3. Boys Over Flowers: Boys Over Flowers was probably the second K-Drama I've watched and the first one I have watched with my favorite Korean actor, Lee Min-ho. This is a high school drama but still pretty good. A poor girl finds herself in a fancy high school that's pretty much ruled by a group of rich pretty boys. One of the boys finds himself falling for her but she fights him along the way until she finds herself  feeling the same way.




4. Heirs: This is one I finished a month or so recently. It's got the same premise of Boys Over Flowers though the character that Min-ho plays is a lot more dignified than in the former. I loved it except I found myself frustrated with the leading girl's personality. Still it's a good show. Check it out!



5. The Great Doctor or Faith: OMG! I'm going to have to say that this one is my favorite. I'm not really into the historic dramas but with the mixture of time travel in it, I told myself to at least try it out and I'm so glad I did. After a queen in the past gets injured, the lead guy; a warrior captain goes into the future to get a surgeon, bringing her back into a world of war and magic. If you are into fantasy and history with a lot of romance, this is the show for you!

Shows I'm currently watching:



1. Descendants of the Sun:  This show is the one I'm watching right now and I'm in love with it all. It tells about a doctor and a soldier trying to find love with each other despite their careers. I'm a sucker for shows with soldiers in them. It has good dialogue so far and good storylines. I'll probably make this one a favorite too.


2. City Hunter: This show is another one with Min-ho in it. (can you tell I really like him as an actor?) A tale of revenge and romance is what this show is about. I haven't really gotten into to it much so I'll have to tell you more at a later time, if possible.


So that's about it on my list that I know of. I can't wait to see even more of them since I came across the Drama Fever app on our Playstation 3.  I probably will watch more of Descendents of the Sun tonight, maybe even after this post. I'm hooked, I tell ya! Don't send for intervention though, it won't work!

So how about you? What is your guilty pleasure?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...