It's times like these that I wish I was working. Maybe then I could be excited for Friday again. I mean now when I see things like TGIF and the like, I'm just like meh...it's just another day for moi. In high school I used to just flip for the end of the week. It meant time off from long school hours and also Fiesta salad. For those who were with me at Martin High School in the courtyard, you know what the deal was! That fiesta salad was on point!
Now my Fridays are more casual and relaxing-in other words, un-eventful. But that still doesn't mean I can't share with you some things that are making life a little bit exciting.
1. Today we went out to the DMV to try to make an appointment for my drivers test. But I didn't have two forms of address so I went out again without making one. Maybe I'll try again on Monday. The fact of the matter is that I have made progress with the whole driving thing. I have also talked about fixing up my car so that I can start driving when I get a license. So we're on a roll I think. I was able to get Sofia a birth certificate finally after three years! Better late than never, right? She my mother and I also had some food at Luby's and finished the day out with going to the book store. I originally wanted to go to get Kearrah some books since she's growing into a little woman now in so many ways, but then I ended up getting me some new books.
2. Said books that I have gotten are the Calendar Girl books by Audrey Carlan. I had been seeing different advertisements about these books on Facebook for a while now and I knew that I wanted to read them. Finally saw them at Barnes and Noble and after searching my soul for the want for them, ended up getting two. Each of them has three months in them to read so I was happy about that. The gist of the story is that this woman, Mia has to help pay off a million dollar debt that her comatose father has racked up. How does she hope to pay it off you ask? By working as an escort. Each month she meets up with a new guy and a new way of living for a month. Then she gets paid each time with an hefty amount of money. I have just barely finished January and I'm about to start on February. They are pretty hot so far. If you are fan of this kind of reading then I recommend you check them out!
Calendar Girl Series
|Altair, Ezio, Connor, Adewale, Edward, Aveline and Nikolai = Bad ass Assassins|
3. I have been in Assassin's Creed heaven, ya'll. So much so that I don't which one to finish first. Six games...I guess I should start on the one I'm playing the most now, huh. It's so long though so I hope my patience doesn't run thin with it. Best video game purchases I've ever gotten. Greatest way to learn history ever.
|Kat Graham is who I see Aija as in my novel.|
4. I'm a chapter away from finishing my autumn chapters in Take Two and Call Me in the Morning. Winter chapters are next and that means I will have only ten chapters left before I have finished my first novel ever in my life. Granted it's a rough draft but damn, what a good feeling that's going to be! I am so proud of myself for even getting this far in my writing because all I have ever done is write certain parts that would fit more in the middle or so of a story. This is huge for me so wish me luck, all that I finally finish it!
5. This gem of a video has been playing in my house all week long. It was shown to me by my aunt and I in turn showed it to my mother. Look at this and tell me that it doesn't make you laugh or sing along! I won't believe you if you say it!
So there are my five. I can't wait to find out all about yours! Have a great weekend!