Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Throwback Days | My Tumblr Resolution Speech for 2015




So here I am in another year. 2014 had really changed me Tumblr wise. When I first started mine, everything inside of it was stuff that could make me smile or that I loved, this webpage was a place where I could come from the harshness of my life to reflect on happiness. 

But then things started to change here…I started posting stuff about current events, stuff about African Americans and stuff about equality and the more I kept posting, it was strange but I started feeling more and more depressed. I had changed in personality so much that I wasn’t even in the Christmas/holiday spirit and that’s big for me.

Why did I feel the need to post that kind of stuff? Maybe because I felt like I needed to identify myself with some kind of social group. That I’m Black so I need to be supporting the Black tumblr community. That I needed to make a difference somehow from my seat in front of the computer screen. I was too wrong.

Now at this year of 2015, I realize that I need to be supporting one person and one person only here. MYSELF. In the end, it’s my life and I need to make sure that I’m happy in it. Nobody else is going to willingly help me with that but me. Not anybody in Tumblr anyway. It’s time to worry about me.

With that being said, I am clearing blogs that I know aren’t right for me and going back to which ones do. If I had to choose between depression and happiness, it’s an easy decision.
Happiness for the win. 

Here’s to you 2015…let’s get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...