Thursday, November 19, 2015

Throwback Days || Senior Prom 2004



Let's face it...every teenager is willing to hurry up and graduate so they can leave that prison called High School. Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but hey, that's how I felt about it! After all four years of failing classes and getting up so very early in the morning, you guys have to know how excited I was for the prom of my Senior year!


I was pampered by a manicure and pedicure the day before and on the day of I was pampered even more with a new hairstyle and makeup done by my mom. I got a beautiful dress that my dad helped me get and I was trying to go for the whole Disney's Cinderella vibe as you can see below...



I even got some see through shoes to get the glass slipper feeling! White gloves and a glittering necklace finished the prom look I was going for. What do you think? Not too shabby, right?


Me and Nanny

My mom looking for like my sister than my mother
My prom date was my high school boyfriend, Steven Mason. We stayed together for 7 months and that was the longest relationship I had ever had in that moment in my life. He was sweet and protective, but sometimes had his bossy times.



The location of our prom was in Dallas though I don't know the exact location. Funny story: My mom and her boyfriend at the time drove us there but dropped us off at the wrong prom. We had to run across the street; me in my high heels to the right location. (I still love her for trying). Dinner was great and so was the music. My friends and I danced all night long and I never wanted it to end.


But as you all know, because I'm sure the majority of you have been to your own proms, it did end. But what didn't end was our memories of that senior year and even years before in Martin High School. My group of friends were so loyal to each other that we knew that not even graduation would tear us apart. HUGE thanks to Facebook for keeping us in touch even if for a bit. After the prom, Steven and I went to Bahama Bash at our school for the rest of the night and I fell into my bed at about 4 in the morning. A night well spent I think!



How were your proms? Did you stay out all night long? Let me know!

What I'm Thankful For: For being able to graduate from high school so that I can have my own family and home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...