Monday, November 30, 2015

Royal Holidays || Thanksgiving 2015


So here we are! The Monday after Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday or for us, the Calm after the storm of frenzy! I truly hope that you all had great holidays as we did.

On Thanksgiving Day, we had a calm morning with El Rey being home from work. Then after that we started getting ready an hour or so earlier than the time to arrive, because we were sure that we had to make a long trip to the in laws to get Sofia's brown leather boots. I had bought Sofia's outfit off of Zulily a few months in advance and even though it was a pants outfit, the look of just the shirt was long enough to make it a dress. Add some white stockings and the boots we needed and we had an adorable turkey day look!


Thankfully they were in the truck the whole time, but we were dressed and already at the truck so we decided then to go to my dad's house to spend about 30 minutes with him. It was the opposite of a bright sunny day; cold and rainy but after we talked with Dad we made it to our Thanksgiving destination: my cousin Lori's house (the mother of Courtney and Matthew) I was too happy to reconnect with my family, especially Courtney who is usually in Abilene for school. We wasted a bit of time watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and I demonstrated my ability for Broadway by dancing along with the acts.

Once all of our family had arrived, we came down to say grace over the food and eat.

Very blurry but still PRAYER!
From what I remember this was on the menu: turkey, stuffing, collard greens, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, potato salad, pea salad, rolls and cranberry sauce.





Dessert was great too: Various pies and pastries. Pretty much I partook in everything. When we were stuffed to the brim, the family split up throughout the house. Some were watching the very sad Cowboys game and the others were down stairs playing a game called Bananagrams. I really didn't understand it so I sat it out and took photos.



Ryan, the groom to be. His wedding will be in
a future post.
We finished out the night with Hollywood Game Night which had the two teams; Lady Estrogens against the Testosterone Knights. In this boys versus girls brawls, the ladies kicked ass for serious even thought there were various questions regarding rules through the whole game. I don't blame anybody; the rules did leave a lot of holes out.

The worst part of the night was the fact that because of the relentless rain all night, the curbsides were completely flooded. My shoes and dress were so drenched and cold! Not a good way to end a warm family holiday. This was the first time in a long time that we've had Thanksgiving as a whole family because we usually are together for Christmas. So that's a good new tradition I think to take place of our annual talent show we used to have. Rumor has it though, that there has been talk of future shows but we'll see how that goes.

I'm so thankful that I was able to spend this day with my family and with my husband and my daughter. It couldn't have been any better than that!





 photo 4d06e438-4e6a-4f3b-88b2-0c1093350397_zps361ad0e9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...