Monday, November 23, 2015

It's Back! To-Know-Me Tuesday Linky Party!



It's only a few more days until Thanksgiving, ya'll! Can you believe it? I sure can't cause that means that Santa's "ho ho ho" is just around the corner. Get your wrapping paper ready!

I'm so excited! Why you ask? Not just because of the abundance of Turkey Day food that I will be consuming but also because after months and months, hell maybe even a year, I've decided to bring back To-Know-Me Tuesdays as a linky party! *insert applause here*


Not only that! I also have a new co-host, Sonya from Saving Everyday With Sonya K,who will be joining every Tuesday to help me get to know all you awesome bloggers who wish to stop by and link up! 

The rules are simple: 

List 10 things about yourself. It can be random, it can be themed, it can be all about favorites. But it needs to be 10. Afterwards, please plaster a nice To-Know-Me Tuesday button (located on my sidebar)on that terrific post of yours and there you have it. Tell your family! Tell your friends! :P All in all, we just want to be able to get to know each other; the people behind the blogs. Whelp...I'm rambling on I think so I think we should just get to it, don't you?

Speaking of Turkey Day Food...

Here are my 10 Favorite Thanksgiving Foods to eat

1. Turkey: That's a given, right? Well, not really because some people are too fond of the dry white meat of turkey. But I think that if you cook it just right, you be able to eat half of that turkey all by yourself. Me myself, I'm more fond of the dark meat!

2. Homemade Mashed Potatoes: LAWD, have mercy. I love me some mashed potatoes. Especially when they are all whipped up from hot peeled potatoes and full of flavor with butter and spices.

3. Collard Greens: I'm a sucker for collard greens. My Nanny used to make them all the time when she was here with us and ever since I have needed to have some at every Thanksgiving. If we don't have any at my house when we eat them, then I usually go to my Auntie Brenda's to get a bowl full of them. She never minds!

4. Macaroni and Cheese: Hold up! I"m not talking about Kraft Boxed Mac and Cheese. I'm talking about baked mac and cheese. Where it's layer upon layer of macaroni and melted cheeses. I usually make that for Turkey Day, but this time my cousin Audia is taking the reins on that one.

5. Cranberry Sauce: I know lots of people make their own homemade cranberry sauce but me and mine are just fine and dandy with the canned version. In fact Mom says it's her special dish that she always brings.

6. Giblet Gravy: Queen Mother's Bad Ass Giblet Gravy- Nuff said. 

7. Deviled Eggs: Now this one, I'm not sure counts as a Thanksgiving food but it always seems to find it's way to our dinner plates. I'm not sorry that it does either!

8. Rolls: King's Hawaiian for the win!

9. Yams: Especially in a casserole with melted marshmallows on top! YUM!

10. Pumpkin Pie/Sweet Potato Pie: Lifetime favorite. For serious!

And there you have it! Do you have some Turkey Day Favorites? Or do you just want to tells us about yourself? Link up and let's see!



1 comment:

  1. I love sweet potato pie and greens on Thanksgiving. I also like Mac & Cheese, but since I've been gluten free I haven't tried making any with gluten free pasta. But I do miss it being a part of my Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...