Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Royal Holidays || Enter the Best Giblet Gravy Ever!

Okay...okay... so maybe I'm over-exaggerating a bit, but to me my mother's giblet gravy is the best! She makes it every year when we prepare turkey and it gives it just that oomph to the meal. She was ok with me sharing her recipe with you all so get your pen and pads and write this bad boy down!

Not my mom's! But it look like this! Source

The Queen Mother's Bad Ass Giblet Gravy Recipe

1 package of giblets 
(usually in the turkey, but if needed you can also buy)

4 to 5 boiled eggs

Flour to thicken

Salt/Pepper

Garlic/Onion Powder (to taste)


1. Boil giblets until cooked.
2. Boil the eggs
3. Remove giblets from water but reserve the stock.
4. Chop up giblets and return them to the stock
5. Chop up eggs and add them to the the gravy
6. Season giblets with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
7. Pour 1/5 of giblet stock into a bowl and then add a tablespoon of flour before stirring to the right consistency. 

There you have it! I hope that with this you will enjoy my mother's gravy just as much as I do!

I'm thankful for: The fact that despite our low funds we still have just enough food to eat before we can get more. Thank you, Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...