Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My God Given Gifts


"Every good and perfect gift is from above"
James 1:17

This particular post kind stems from a conversation that my father and I had during a casual chat on Facebook. I told him that these 10 new years of my life are going to be a change for me. I am going to make the most out of my life. Now that I have my new car, the sky is the limit for me. I told him that I am going to do everything I know how to do with the best of my ability. This picture on Pinterest is also what I can describe as how I see my life now.


THIS. This is what I want for the rest of my life. Not a bad quote to live by right?

During the years in my life I wondered what I could be. I was so confused...wondering what was in store. I thought I was destined to just be a mother and then like a light, new skills started to show within me. I began to feel like photography was good for me too and then blogging! Oh, my gosh what a journey blogging is putting me on! I get to combine both writing and photography in one area and I get to share with people the positive and sometimes not so positive aspects of my life.

How is all of this possible? I can only think of one reason and that is that I was given this gift of creativity from the Lord. All my life I have had a vivid imagination; a trait that I even see now in my three year old daughter. As I grew up, I started to write stories and started making up unique dance routines. To some, I was just a wacky little girl who played to herself. But if they could see the worlds I made in my mind. They would be jealous. They talked down on me...and now that I'm 30, I am just now realizing how awesome my imagination is and how well it's fueling my gifts.

More than anything I'm realizing how much I am thankful to the Lord for making me who I am. So much I want to tell him right now.

Father...I am just sitting here just smiling and just so truly happy to receive these gifts that you have instilled within me. I know that You know my purpose in life, Lord and I am all too happy to let you guide me and happy to trust in you. Without You, Lord, I don't even know where I would be in my life, let alone know what to do with the skills You gave me. Thank You...thank You so much for blessing with this. Please continue to guide me and I know I can go far. 

In your mighty son Jesus name I pray...
Amen

Do any of you have special gifts? Do you feel that they were always there or are you just figuring them out?

Maybe together we can figure where our gifts will take us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...