Saturday, August 1, 2015

Welcome Back, August!- Monthly Goals



Once again we have made it to another month: August! Can you all believe that summer is almost over? I sure can't! I feel like we just had inches of snow like yesterday! Okay, probably not yesterday...but time sure does fly nowadays. This month isn't going to be as busy as the past months but some events are still worth mentioning!

Here is what's happening in this 8th month of the year:


1. Today I will be shooting for a quinceaƱera for my neighbor's niece, Michelle. This is the first time I have ever done a quince so it will be a learning experience for me. I took some beautiful shots of the birthday girl the day before and will be doing more with her along with her damas and chambelanes. I will post her session on a future post so keep a look out for these beauties!

Here's hoping everything goes well and this way I will be able to get word of mouth out for more business. I will be shooting a second quinceaƱera for a friend on the 29th so woot for more experience!



2. I will be also doing another photo session with my mother the following weekend. She has been wanting one for a long time but it either slips her mind or mine to schedule one. Not to say that I don't photograph her. She was the model for this beautiful photo above. It's hard to tell what's more beautiful, but I'm leaning towards my mom in this instance.

Already ready to go home. Can you tell? :P

3. On August 31, my family will be singing the Star Spangled Banner for the state of Texas realtors convention. My cousin Carla and my great uncle Johnny are both realtors so we are going to support them and show everybody how badly great we sing. Here we are practicing for it. We have rehearsals every Sunday.

Courtney and Matt

4. There aren't a lot of birthdays in August that I know of: just my four cousins. My older cousin, Rabbit (it's a nickname, promise!) has a birthday on the 21st, my cousin Jessie has a birthday on the 27th and my cousins Matthew and Courtney are brother and sister that have the same birthdays on the 19th. Birthday wishes to all of them!

So that's it for what I already know is happening this month, but if more things pop up, you know you'll be one of the first to find out. Well other than myself that is!

What are you plans for August? Hopefully it will be full of fun like mine will be!




2 comments:

  1. That blue dress is really beautiful! Good luck with the singing. Two of my kids have birthdays in August. One was yesterday and one is on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...cause we might need that good luck! Happy birthday to your summer babies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...