Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Kingdom 30 #8-Taking Action for Exercising


#8- Are you a fitness guru or a couch potato? What are your exercise habits?

I can't lie...I'm not a an person who loves to exercise. The man in the above picture is somebody I aspire to be but currently I'm in the couch potato state. However ever since I have been diagnosed with my type II diabetes, I realized that I need to be a lot more active to keep my illness in check. I don't want to end up with eye problems or feet problems or any other kinds of problems like that. So I need to start bettering my choices physically. I'm proud to say and my doc is pretty proud too that I've lost 25 pounds. I want to get to 185 at least before I start wanting to lose even more.

What are some things that are helping me physically? Well...

1. Walking around the cul-de-sac in my neighborhood for about 30 mins to an hour. I've been slacking on this big time since my diagnosis, so I'll get back on it  in the evenings.

2. My dad is a personal trainer so I have his help in getting fit. We are going to start training again real soon.

3. Carb counting is a big one and something I have to do for my diabetes anyway.

4. My meds are helping me lose a lot of weight as well. I'll suffer through the side effects if it's doing its job.

Could I be doing a lot more? Heck yeah! But right now...this is what is helping. I just hope that I can lose the weight because once I do, we'll start trying for baby Ortiz #2. Trying and getting pregnant at my current state will make me a high risk pregnancy and I don't want that. I have a lot to do...but I'm optimistic about my situation. The Lord has me in his hands and I know that with Him all things are possible.

How are you fitness wise? Any stories? Suggestions? I'm all ears!


1 comment:

  1. I've found that the best motivator for myself is a workout partner. When I was younger, one of my girlfriends and I hit up the gym daily. If I didn't feel like going one day, she'd push me and vice versa. When Tim and I started dating and moved in together, I switched to workout videos at home (because we weren't close to any gyms that I liked). It was harder for me to stay motivated because I didn't have a workout partner. Eventually, as I got into more difficult workouts, we started working out together. We held each other accountable. This all went out the window once Mila came along, but I do truly believe having a workout partner is a huge motivator. I haven't worked out in almost a year, but I intend to start up again soon. Some of my favorite at home workouts are Insanity, T25, and The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Good luck to you and congrats on your weight loss thus far!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...