Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Kingdom 30 #14- Ahly

We're sisters with a love for bacon! Must be in our blood...


#14- Do you have siblings? Talk about them or talk about what it's like to be an only child.

I grew up an only child. My parents, when together didn't have another child and for about 9 years, it stayed that way. After the divorce, I would go and visit with my dad for the weekend. Then I remember my dad telling me that I might have a brother. His name is Anthony or Tony as everybody calls him. I remember taking care of him when he was a baby but to be honest, I don't know much about him. All I know is that he's now 18 and living in North Carolina. We lost contact with him, sadly. I do miss him and I would love more than anything for me to meet up with him again and just apologize for not trying harder as his sister to find him. 



I also have a half sister named Alisha or Ahly that you've seen already on the blog. She's 21 and even though we don't talk a lot either, is a one of the lights in my life. It didn't start out that way as I had to get used to the idea of having a 13 year old sister suddenly in my life. But we have so much in common and I love hanging out with her. She is the mother of my little niece, Anastasia and is a great mother. 

Do I miss being an only child? Well...with the relationships I have with my siblings, it still feels like I am sometimes. But the answer would be no. I like the fact I have a sister that I could chat with if I needed to. 

Not having to share clothing with her as a teenager is a plus too!


1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about people's family, so interesting! Hopefully one day you an reconnect with your brother but that is great you are in contact with your sister and be able to have a niece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...