Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Christmas in July: Bucket List for el Navidad season


I can't believe in just a few days, July will be over. Wasn't it just the fourth?! It feels like it was! Time is just going so fast and guess what? Before we know it, it will be Christmas. To tell y'all the truth, this heat is really making me think of cooler weather and snow days, however rare they are. This year I'm going to try to make things different and do more holiday themed things with Sofia. She's getting to that age where she could possibly understand who Santa is. That makes Christmas time much more fun! I want to do something based on this pin. So that each day, Sofia can pick out something to do.

Pin
So with that being said, here is my bucket list of things to do with La Princesa during the Christmas season:

* Build a gingerbread house
* Make Christmas cookies as gifts
* Make a Secret Santa gift for a random family member
* Go and view Christmas lights in the neighborhoods
* Elf on a Shelf!!!
* Watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and other Christmas movies
* Make homemade ornaments
* Take Sofia to see the tree lighting downtown
* Central Market Lighting
* Christmas at Stockyards
* Make hot cocoa
* Dance party to holiday songs
* Read out loud holiday books from the library
* Make a fire and relax
* Buy Christmas pajamas
* Make our first set of blessing bags for the homeless

This is just a few, but it's a lot more than I have ever done for the holiday season. Many Decembers past, I've been just low key; doing decorations for my tree or just managing to catch the end of White Christmas. I want to up my game so keep a look out in December to see how many we get done! Here's hoping for all of them!

Question time! How many of you out there are celebrating Christmas in July? Anything that you plan to do for the Christmas season? Let me know because I can't wait to hear all about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...