Friday, July 17, 2015

A New Decade Begins Today



I have waited for this moment. I am officially 30 years old today. Wow...just floors me really that I have made it through that many years of life. I can still just as vividly remember things from when I was three years old and still...I've lived 30 years of existence. I have been feeling off about this birthday though...not feeling like was as special as it should be. I mean...isn't 30 an important birthday or did I miss a memo saying that it was demoted to a regular birthday? Anyway...Juan took care of that feeling for me by taking me to GameStop to get some of my favorite games preowned. He was so disappointed that he couldn't be here with me on my birthday despite him asking for the the two days off. He made up for it with those games. I truly love him because he could have just said, "No, babe...only the two you asked for." But when I told him that I couldn't chose between a couple of them, he just waved it off and said, "Buy them all.." So awesome...

Here are the games I got:

1. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
3. Lightning Returns
4. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 1.5
5. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 2.5

I was happy to get them because majority of those games are games you can only play on Playstation 2. So this made things a lot easier with the PS3 we have.

That wasn't the only gift I got. I actually got a couple more from my mom. Who gave me these amazing rainbow colored roses and two awesome t-shirts with bible scriptures on the back. I felt so great knowing that she got that for me. My dad's gift was the gift of not having to pay back the money he spent on my new car. Greatness!

After Mom came back home from work, I got dressed and we had dinner over at IHOP with Kim and my grandmother. It was nice and my aunt paid for my meal. Another great birthday present.

This birthday was pretty quiet, but it was so much better than I thought it would be, thanks to the little things of love given to me from people I adore. My birthday party isn't until the 25th because a lot of people couldn't make it due to schedule conflicts. So I'll keep you updated on that at a later time.

Do I feel any different as a 30 year old. The honest truth is no. I really just feel the same as I did as I turned 20. But that doesn't mean I won't have changes to my life this time around. I am going to try to do thing differently in my life this time around. Hell, I got 10 more years to do so, I better get on the ball.

In ending I want to say happy birthday to all my birthday twins out there and I hope you have an awesome birthday!



1 comment:

  1. Hope you had an amazing birthday and hope your 30s are as fabulous as mine have been! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...