Friday, May 1, 2015

The Kingdom 30- May # 1

Part of "A Mother's Love" Blog Challenge



What it means to me to be a mother...

To me, being a mother means a lot. It means that now instead of being all about me, now I have to be all about US. Us being myself and my child. When I eat, I have to make sure she eats, when I sleep, I need to make sure she's sleep. When I'm cold and need to be warm, I need to make sure she is as well. Above all she needs to be that way before I do. She relies on me to take care of her the best way I can. She relies on me to teach her the ways of life before she can learn her history and science at school. It's a huge responsibility, taking care of my Sofia...but I wouldn't ask for anything less.



I asked God for her, worried that I wouldn't be even able to have her, made sure I was ready in life for her. So everything I have is everything I wanted. My ability as a mother surprises a lot of people but sometimes even myself. I just can't believe that as soon as my child was born, I almost instantly knew what to do with her. Sure, babysitting my cousins and working in child care helped a lot with that, but it's always different when it's a child that's not yours. You have to be careful in a different way and when they go home you don't really have to think about their safety until the next time you see them. This time, I am constantly worrying about my child, looking out for her well-being. Using that, I have been able to keep Sofia healthy and happy. I couldn't be more proud of myself for that.

What does it mean to be a mother? It means to be able to raise a child to be the best person he or she can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...