If some of you don't already know, TX had a blessing that came in the form of rain. Lord knows that we needed it but sometimes...too much of something can be a bad thing. We've had rain for a whole month! I'm not kidding tho. Almost the whole month of May was full of rain. We have had our full and now we know how people in Seattle feel. (Not that I have anything against Seattle..cause a girl wishes she could visit...)
So when we finally got a nice breath of fresh air and beautiful sunlight on this Sunday, best believe that I was making a flood of my own-with my tears of joy.
I have had my fill of water for serious! But on the other hand, I'm very happy that we were able to get it because for years past, we've been in a drought during summers. So this was a blessing to some...but not exactly to others and my heart goes out to all who have lost lives and loved ones in floods down south from here. If you are one of those people who have lost family or friends, you are in my heart and in my prayers.
Other than the sunlight and wonderful breeze, here are some other things that happened today.
|Living Room: Before and After...|
1. I got some pictures of my clean house. We as a family decided that for now on every Saturday, we'll get up and start cleaning. Sofia included. We managed to get the living room, dining room and kitchen cleaned as well as some laundry, but we still have our bedroom, bathroom and Sofia's play area to take care of. That will give me something to do tomorrow during the day and I won't have to worry too much about the other rooms.
2. I felt really lovely on this Sunday (view picture above for reference). Instead of wearing my normal arrangement of a shirt and my jeans, I opted for my black leggings instead. The black cross necklace was a good touch to it and I wore my chanclas with the white flowers on them. I got a few compliment for how nice I looked and how slim I'm getting lately. "Do tell...do tell..."
3. I made yet another flood at church today. Yep, a flood of tears. It was just a moving service and seeing so many people (children included) get baptized in water today to join the path with the Lord was just so powerful and then Praise and Worship was awesome so the tears kept flowing. I prayed that the Lord would take my worries and cares away as I have been stressing a bit lately. I know he'll take care of things. The sermon was about in my opinion not judging who gets to walk in the way of the Lord. If a ex-convict wants to change his life to a more holy one...who am I to judge him, right? That's between him and the Father.
Sunday Bible Chapter: Acts Chapter 10
4. We went to Madea's Home Cooking to go and eat some soul food with the family. A family member of mine that I don't really know too well named Mary came down from St. Louis to visit. So after church we took her to some good food. Good food that took a very long time to wait for since there were so many people in line. The food was worth the wait though and I was all too happy to eat the fried catfish, yams, mac & cheese and collard greens that my mom got for me and Sofia. We had a good time until my offspring decided to wander off and mingle with strangers in line. Nearly scared the crap out of me.
5. Here's some good news! Sofia is queen of the porcelain throne... We put her in panties last week to see how she would do and I am happy to report that she didn't even have one accident. Not even at church. I am so proud of my kidlet! I just hope she keeps it up, but if not then we'll keep trying until she's good to go.
I'm quite pleased on how my Sunday went today. I felt good, I looked good and I ate good. I can't wait to see what next Sunday has in store for me! To end this terrific post, I'll leave this quote. How was your Sunday?