Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Writer's Wednesday: Back in the Day...


Anybody that really knows who I am, knows that I love writing and have been doing it a long time. I plan on publishing a few but in the beginning I did it just for the fun of making up stories and fan fictions. To say I had a big imagination would be an understatement and now as I write more and more realistic stories, I shake my head when I think about my past tales. Some of them are pretty unique but some of them are just so far-fetched they'd never make it as real novels. If that wasn't it then my grammar and spelling filled up the rest.

Today, I'm going to share some of those ideas that I started to write. None have ever been finished but I'm glad that I at least started them because they were the stepping stones to helping me want to be coming a author.

1. Adventures of Tiffany and Kellie: I would say this was the first ever story I decided to write when I was eleven. I'm not sure about what the story was really about other than the girls being twins but I know I got the idea from reading Sweet Valley High books.

2. Tria: Whoo...this story right here would count as far-fetched and I probably wrote this one in 6th grade. It was about this girl named Tria who's world consisted of shapes. So much so that her full name was Triangular Gonzales (WHAT DA?) her father and mother was Rectangular and Cylinda (I CAN'T) and her sister was Prisma. I admit, this was a wacky idea of a story but I loved it back then.

3. The Cloud of the Prairie: My first real full story complete with chapters. Made while I was still in the 6th grade, I was a huge fan of my history class especially around the time when we talked about Native Americans. This story though full of mistakes was my first chance of making romance. A controversial piece in my life as some people including my mom thought that the kissing scenes were a bit much for somebody my age. The story revolved around the Cloud village where everybody and their mama had "cloud" in their name. Even the pet wolves :P

4. The Reign of Lions: Story based off of The Lion King. Nuff said.

5. My first real fan fiction was that of The Clan of the Cave Bear. Want to know the title of said story? Here it comes! From the Flowers in the Spring, the Sun in the Summer, the Leaves in the Autumn and the Frost in the Winter What a doozy right? Thank the Lord I didn't finish writing that, but my mom and I had a blast reading what I did have today.

6. Lightning in the Twilight/Star in the Storm:These were two stories revolving around horses and horse farms. I used to read a lot of the Thoroughbred series and was horse crazy back then. What got me though was the use of wacky names I had. For example...one girl was Tayler Nicholle and the other was Sunstorm. I...I got nothing.

7. Indian Finders Series: This was my biggest story in my high school years and the first where I added myself and my best friend at the time, Quita. The gist of the story is that we found a time machine and went back in time finding ourselves living with Sioux. We pretty  much gave up our families and our lives to live where we had to skin buffalo. At least we got married to some pretty sexy men in that village.

8. Animalion: Yet another story with people in my life and myself. This time we were initiated into a gang. But the funny thing about the gang was the fact that each gang member had a name related to an animal. Mine was Lil Falcon. I know...tough as nails right?

9. The Chosen Ones Series: My very unique Harry Potter fan-fiction where my friends and I ended up having unique elemental powers and having to go off to Hogwarts to protect it while Harry searched for Voldemort. Yeah...way off canon, but one of my favorite stories to this day. Sometimes I still try to update it.

There are a few more, but I think you've caught the drift. I was a writing son of a gun and I laugh so hard when I read my old work. You would too if you did! But I have that wacky writing to thank for keeping me going and never letting me lose sight of my dream.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...