I usually do Confessional Friday along with Five on Friday but Leslie has had a health concern and I'm pretty sure is resting along with her babies sooo...maybe next time. I woke up this morning thinking it was a regular cold Ft. Worth morning until I walked into the living room and took a peek out of the window.
SNOW. LOTS of it ALLL over the place!
After my initial "oohing" and "ahhing", I decided that my Five on Friday would be dedicated to this wonderful snow day. Why not? It's not like we get snow like this frequently and it was a great opportunity to get some experience with my new camera. I still have a lot of learning to do with it, but why not have fun with it along the way?
1. Sofia woke up last and I was excited to take her out in the snow before it decided in Texan fashion to stop falling, but when she saw it and I asked her if she wanted to play in it, she replied in a almost teenage way: "Nooo..." Only when Papi asked her if she wanted to go out, did she decide that she was all for it. Daddy's girl all the way here.
2. We bundled up like we live in Wisconsin you guys, for serious. I mean shirts under shirts, leggings under pants, boots, coats, gloves, hats. You name it...we put it on.
3. Sofia has only seen ice like snow where you can just step on top of it and it won't make an indent so when she saw that she could walk in this kind, she was amazed. In fact, I'm pretty sure I heard her say "Wow...amazings!" twice.
4. Sofia loves her Dora umbrella. So much so she just traveled in the back yard with it. Didn't stop me from snapping her though. Here are some good pics of her with said umbrella:
Current Fave Pic
For some reason, my flash light kept coming up on my camera...see? Told you...still learning over here. I'll figure it out.
5. Sadly Juan couldn't have the whole day to play. Despite the snow on the ground and roads, he still had to go to work. Am I worried? Yep...but I trust his driving skills. Even though he has to work, that still didn't keep him from playing with Sofia a bit outside. The trash probably won't get taken by the trucks today...LOL.
It's pretty cold out, but if Sofia decides she wants to go back outside, I'll oblige her...just not with the camera this time. We'll savor this day together and keep Papi in our mind and hearts the whole time. Keep warm, everybody. I know we will.
Name: Matthew James Crew of Funkadelics Name: Discoball Birthdate: August 19, 1993 Relation: 3rd Cousin
Occupations: Instructor at The Little Gym, Food Services at Costco and a manny for two families.
Likes: running track, mexican food, the color blue, various convertibles, soccer, sofapillas, the color red, children
Dislikes: sitting still for long periods, seafood, unmannerly people
Something Matt Accomplished: Other than working hard at 4 different jobs, Matthew has happily found himself in doing so.
Ever have that one person in your family that brings up the spirit of everybody there? That's Matthew in our family. Immediately when this dude walks in my vicinity I can't help but feel love and warmth from my heart and from his being. He's just that awesome.
Matthew is my younger cousin and I couldn't ask for a more wonderful person in my life. He's generous, kind, funny and most importantly a man of God. He loves being around children and has quite a fanbase with Sofia. She loves hanging out with him when he comes over.
Like Eric, I used to babysit him with Courtney and their brother Jonny and he was placed deep in a place in my heart in the process; never to be thrown out of there. But as time went on, also like Eric, Matthew made less and less of an appearance and I wondered where he was. Turns out he was working his behind off like our cousin was. But not just with one job, with many! He was barely at home because he's making that money! Good for him, I say! He works at the Little Gym and is darn good at it! I've seen him in action with Sofia and love how good he is at it. He also has three other jobs listed above as well. I'm so proud of him, doing his thing in life. There is nothing I love more than ambition and a dream for your future, whatever it is.
Matt is the older brother of Courtney by two years but they are birthday mates. Yep, born on the same birthday. I'm not sure how they went about with birthdays but I'm sure it was chill. It doesn't help matters either that they almost look like twins! I mean look at them! He has a great relationship with her but also with his brother, Jonny and his brother Michael too.
Matthew has also been a member of my Crew of Funkadelics dance group for our talent show for years and years. One of the base members I would say. He has such a wild style of dancing; there is just no telling what will happen with him when it comes to dance, which is surprising as in the beginning we had to work a lot on his footwork. He amazes me now with his movements and the fact that he can do gymnastics moves too. Go Matt!
What do I want for Matty? I want nothing but happiness for him. I hope he gets to travel, have a loving wife and a family that he can be comfortable with. The same amount of happiness he gives me, I want two fold for him because believe me when I say this: He deserves every bit of it.