Monday, January 12, 2015

Yes, Jesus Loves Me...

Matthew 19:14  Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."



For as long as I've known that I wanted to have Juan's children, I knew that there was no way that I was going to be the kind of wife and mother that wanted to restrict my child's religious path. So when Sofia came to us, we decided that we would leave it up to her to decide from our two religions. Right now because she's so young we are just going with the flow and take her go to church with us when we go, but when she's an adult and she decides that she wants to take her religious path in a different direction from where we are, that's okay too. I personally believe that your journey with the Lord is a personal one; not one that anybody can force you to travel upon.



Today, we had Sofia dedicated to the Lord at our church. I just knew that when I started going to a new church home that we were going to do it because it had always been our plan to get her dedicated from whatever church I go to and then also get her dedicated in what ever way in Juan's catholic church that he grew up in. He doesn't go to it now, he goes with me but still I'm sure he and his family would like to know that Sofia has a choice and has a starting point wherever she goes.



She was just gorgeous in her black and white dress. I wanted to make sure she looked her best because we were going to be standing in front of lots of people in the sanctuary. When we got to church, Sofia was kind of shy; she's not to fond of us leaving her behind in the nursery when we go to hear the word.

But as the music came on and she saw all of her family, she loosened up and was good enough to even talk to the pastor as he introduced us. In fact once she saw the microphone he was holding, it was all over. It was the Sofia show and she made sure everybody knew it, chatting and smiling hard. Juan and I were so proud and so happy that everybody extended their hands to us and prayed over our little princesa. Afterwards, she even got a little bible with her name engraved in it.

We are extremely lucky to have this church home-this place that has people who care for us so much. I can't thank them enough and I can't thank the Lord enough for placing this lovely little girl into my life.

Here are some more pictures of the dedication:







Yes, Jesus loves me...the bible tells me so...


Mingle 240

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...