Monday, January 5, 2015

Holiday 2014 Recap- The Final Talent Show



2015 is here and even though some people have resolutions, I'm feeling like I really don't have any new ones so I'm just happy I'm alive and ready to take on this new year!

In all the rush of the past holiday season, I wasn't able to blog as often as I wanted. Well that and the fact that I really haven't been into blogging, or the whole feeling of the holidays really.

It happens...what can I say?

One of the main holiday events that passed by was my family's final talent show which was on December 20th. Was it the best?

Meh.

But it's a bittersweet feeling, knowing that there won't be rehearsal this upcoming September-November. The last show has been a long time coming and as more and more talent shows went by, I could feel this tension...this stress around them. Like the family wasn't as into them anymore. After 25 years, it made sense, but it saddened me that we were losing interest in our unique family tradition; because this really was the glue keeping our family together.

We aren't really close otherwise. We don't just go and hang out at somebody's house or just randomly call to check in on each other. It's like we become strangers and the show helped us bond. But now...who knows when we'll meet up again?

With this year, we had a lot of great acts but just the same... A LOT of malfunctions with the music, lights and tech. So by the time we got to our finale, our guests were a bit bored. All in all, we were happy with how our show came out!

Here are some pictures that were taken by one of our family members. Sorry in advance of the blurry pics; it was very dark in there.


My mom and my cousins singing Rolling in the Deep by Adele.

My aunt Kim as Stevie Wonder with Kearrah and M'Kya as the Stevettes.

My grandmother as Tina Turner with my great uncle and the littles.

Myself singing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
This song was the first song I performed when I was 7.
It was only fitting to finish the show with it.

The family singing Love by Kirk Franklin


Sofia's first and only performance in Shakira with my mom.

My cousin Lori performing Unforgettable

Our last Crew of Funkadelics act to Thank You by
Sly and the Family Stone

Did you know my family can play music instruments too? So talented really.


Our finale act: 2 Legit 2 Quit

Maybe one day we will decide to bring the talent show back to life, but for now it's fine where it is...in our memories.


2 comments:

  1. Would love for you to post a youtube video of you singing! Sounds like a great Holiday season. Welcome to 2015!

    --Living chemical free

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...