Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Things I'm Thankful For



It's the day before Thanksgiving and I realized in all of the preparations that I haven't said what I am thankful for. There are so many things that I am blessed with and it's a good time to say what they are and why I am thankful for why they are given to me.



1. Being Alive: I wake up every morning full of breath and I am so thankful that the Lord has decided to keep me going in my life. I couldn't imagine a life where Sofia or my husband or my mother was without me there and being here with them makes me happier than I could ever think to be.



2. My Husband: My husband...the love of my life. I can honestly say that I picked a good man to spend my life with. He is so caring and always looking out for people. He does what he can for me and that's all I can ask for. We may not see eye to eye every day and that's all right. But I'm just glad that he sticks by me through all of that anyway. For that I am so thankful.



3. My Daughter: Sofia when you first look at her seems like any other toddler. But I am honestly so thrilled to be her mother because she is so special. She is even in her two years of life so compassionate, intelligent and friendly to everybody she knows and loves. I feel my heart swell with pride every time I see her or when she calls me Mommy. I'm thankful for the chance to take care of her and show her the way in life.



4. My Mother: Man, oh man...am I ever so thankful for my mother. Even after taking care of me for all of my life, being in the ICU and now living with us, she is still my mother and has never faltered in showing that. Recently while I was healing up, she has taken care of a lot of stuff in the house, taken care of Sofia and also made dinner for us. Even when I didn't have to ask. She is just so wonderful and caring.


5. My Father: I lived with my father from age 15 to 18 and even though times were rough, he kept a roof over my head and food to eat. I'm thankful for that. I'm saddened that our relationship isn't what it used to be when I was younger, but I'm happy to see him putting in an effort to try to spend time with Sofia. She needs him in her life too. I'm also thankful that the Lord is keeping him alive to still be in our lives.


6. My Sister: I'm thankful that the Lord has put a little sister into my life. I wish that I could have spent more time with her growing up together, but I will take what I can get. My sis is doing her thing in life with her own family and I'm thankful that Alisha is still given the ability to be a mom to Anastasia and loving her with everything she has.


7. My Family: Without a family, I don't know where I would be or how I would have grown up to be the woman that I am today and that makes me extremely grateful that I was born to one that is so big and so close together. I could go a block away and see my Auntie Brenda or the opposite direction and see my cousin, Rabbit. I could drive 10 minutes to see Kim and the girls or to see my cousins Courtney and Matt. It's comforting to know that they are always there.


8. Mi Familia: I didn't ask to have such an amazing family to be married into but it was given to me and I'm thankful for them all. I'm thankful that they have accepted me even though I'm not their race and not used to their culture. They teach me more about themselves and I'm happy to play a part. It's great to have new brothers and sisters in my life even by law. I'm also thankful that Juan and Alicia have raised my husband to be the man that he is.



9. Our Home: I'm so very thankful for our home! When it's raining outside or snowing or even just blistering hot outside, this abode of ours keeps us out of the elements and I'm so grateful for that. Our house is no means perfect, but it's just right for us!



10. Our Marriage: There are so many divorces out there now in life and when I see that or hear about that it makes me thankful that I am still with my husband and that we are hanging in there. We are still learning so much about each other and about how life being married works, but the fact that we are still able to see each other in the morning and kiss one another is wondrous.
edited slightly via Christ Church FW


12. My Growing Faith: I'm thankful that the Lord has shown me the way to a new church home. I have been feeling like it's been time to go back for a while and when I stepped into the sanctuary one Sunday and heard the word from the pastor, I knew I had made the right choice and it's nothing but the Lord. Thank you, Father for showing me the way...


13. My Abilities: Growing up I always thought that I was just going to be a lawyer or a singer, but I never would have thought I would want to be a writer or a photographer for that matter! It amazes me each day that I have the ability to put words on paper to make a story or have that eye for a good camera angle. I'm so thankful that I am able to do what I can do.



14. Our Neighborhood: Thankful thankful thankful that we live where we do. We don't have to feel afraid in our homes because have watchful and good neighbors looking out for us. We can go out and just relax without loud noises or rowdy teens all over the place. This place is gold...and I don't see us leaving anytime soon.



15. Our Blessed Life: This is our last one and as I'm looking over all that I'm thankful for, I realize that we really are blessed. More blessed than most people who don't have a place to sleep, eat or even bathe. I sometimes take things for granted and I shouldn't. This life is excellent and while it can get better, I'm thankful for what we have right now. So very thankful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...