Monday, November 17, 2014

Getting Back Up to Speed

Oh my goodness...Has it really been almost a month since I have written in this blog? I would say shame on me but I have a really good excuse for it. More to come on that but let's start from where we left off.


Halloween: This year, Sofia was a pirate! We got her cute little outfit from Wal-Mart as we didn't really have enough time to plan out Edward Scissorhands, with the talent show planning and taking care of the munchkin. That's ok, it all worked out. Sofia wore  her costume all day long as we went out that day. I got dressed up a little too as some of you might have seen on my Instagram pictures. If not, I was a cat only on the face. I was so proud of myself; I actually did my kitty makeup myself!





We started at the mall where they were having trick or treating at various stores. Sofia had a good time getting her first pieces of candy. Then she played at the mall playground with other little trick or treaters. There was also a little boy who was a pirate also so you know I had to get a photo op of those two together. (Mamarazzi anybody?)

After that we went to a Fall Festival at a church (which in the future would be my new church home). There so many games and bounce houses. It looked like so much fun but the downside was that it was so bone chilling cold and of course I forgot Sofia's jacket so she had to use my mom's gigantic one. I know, Mom FAIL. We didn't stay long, but we did stay long enough for Sofi to get some games and candy time.









THEN after all that, I walked with Sofia down our street as we really didn't get to do real trick or treating and it wasn't that big of a candy bust like last year. I don't know what's up with my street really with all the kids we have here, there are barely candy givers. I might need to change that. Start giving away bags of candy. One can dream huh? Well, while Sofia didn't get a lot of candy, she did get a five dollar bill! That's right! All ready hustlin that money. The guy that gave it to her didn't turn his lights off in time to let us know that he wasn't giving out candy so he gave Sofia some money for being all cute in her costume. We were happy with that. It was a good Halloween.

Last Year's Halloween

NaNoWriMo: I haven't been able to write as much as I really wanted to this year for NaNo because of the same reason I haven't been able to blog. But I am proud that I have gotten up to 12k words. That's always good enough for me if I get past 10,000 words. 50,000 is always the best but it's not what I need. I just need to write to get a story going. Story plot is good, but characters aren't exactly fleshed out, which sucks because I find myself saying, "I don't know anything about my characters!" Maybe more exercises with writing will help find them.



Now...

The reason for me not posting until now- I'm having some health problems *insert horrified gasp here* I'm not dying, but things certainly aren't comfortable. I started feeling my back and my pelvis starting to grind and pop about two weeks ago. I sounded like I should have been using a walker it was so loud. So I tried to take it easy but the pain after all the popping would flare in my hips. It wasn't a fun time. I started having to use the bathroom all the time so I had a feeling something wasn't right and went TWICE to the ER. Not a good thing when you currently don't have health insurance. I was told I had some sort of infection in my lady parts and while I still don't know why because I wasn't with my primary doctor, I was happy because I was given antibiotics.

So that helped with some of the pain but it didn't help with my crackling lower spine and pelvis. So I started looking on google to see if there was something that went with  my symptoms. See...


When I was pregnant with Sofia, I had a really hard time carrying her. My hips constantly hurt especially at night time. I had to turn all the time and it was so painful that I would cry while doing so. Juan of course didn't know what to do and so he could do nothing but massage and that would help, but it didn't solve it. I was always creaking and crackling with her inside me but I just thought it had something to do with pregnancy and that it would go away when Sofia was born.

2 years later...I still have get on all fours just to turn on another side in bed.

So I just researched as much as I could and then found this gem of a name: Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction


I still don't really know anything about it, but all of the symptoms it described was just like mine so I took the plunge and looked to see how to solve it. So I saw chiropracting, osteopath, and others and decided to look for osteopath. I found an awesome sounding place called Beyond Therapy and Wellness in Bedford that deals with this and so called to see what I needed to do. I had to get a referral from a nearby chiropractor and while getting the exam from him, I found out that I now have curvature in my spine. Gotta tell you, finding out that didn't help my anxiety at all! So hopefully I will be able to get some physical therapy so that I can get back into good shape. Sofia needs me so I need to be at my best for her. 

If any of you have any supporting information regarding SPD or Scoliosis, I would love to hear it. It's kind of unsettling having something that nobody else in your family has. Anything would be a blessing.

Until then...I will try my best to keep posting as much as possible but comfort is a luxury right now and I'm taking what I can get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...