Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Thankful Edition of NOM NOM NOM



It's almost time to stuff our mouths all night long of delicious food on a special day of November. That's right! It's Thanksgiving time! My mother and I have planned out what we are going to be making for this years Turkey Day menu and along with the help of family coming to dinner we are going to have quite a feast!

The Key Elements




Bacon Covered Turkey- Last year we did a Cajun rub on the skin of the turkey and while it was good, it didn't have as much flavor as I would have liked it to have. While we were watching The Chew one morning, Mom and I were thrilled with the idea of a bacon covered turkey and decided to go that route. It's not nutritious, mind you, but COME ON! It's bacon! Bacon goes good with almost everything!

Bacon Wrapped Turkey Recipe




Homemade Mashed Potatoes- I love mashed potatoes in anyway, but I especially love it when it is made from scratch and buttered. It tastes so good and creamy. Can't wait to eat it off of my plate this Thursday!



Collard Greens- My cousin Audia will be making collard greens this year. MMMM...this will be the first year that we have it at Thanksgiving at the Ortiz house so I'm excited to see what she makes of it.

Collard Greens Recipe



Double Layer Pumpkin Pie- Who doesn't love dessert at Thanksgiving? I'm a sucker for pumpkin pie so instead of doing just sides this year, I'm going to be trying my hand at making dessert and I have chosen this lovely pie. It looks like it would be so creamy and sweet with the cream cheese layer and of course the pumpkin gives it that Thanksgiving touch.

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe

I can't wait to be seated around the table/TV this year. Hopefully we will have a lot more people than usual and we can have just a all around good time! What are on your menus this year? Whatever they are I bet they will be delish!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...