Monday, October 20, 2014

Time for NaNo!



It's nearly that time that takes all of my hours of the day and night writing. Yep that's right, it's time for NaNoWriMo! For anybody going "What the heck is that?" NaNoWriMo or just NaNo means National November Writing Month and it's a writing challenge that thousands of people participate in.

The basics are that you start on November 1st and you have the whole month to try to write 50,000 words. You read correctly- fifty thousand! I'm not too sure if there are gifts if you win, but I'm thinking it's just for writing's sake. It's overwhelming but oh so fun! I have been a part of it since 2012 and it's where Take Two and Call Me in the Morning came from. I have NaNo to thank for this really because it's how I was able to start my novel from start to where it is now. Before that, I had never been able to do so and only either wrote parts or from the middle or end. I felt so proud that I was able to do that and so faithfully partook in the next year afterward with my novel, Erosae.

This year, I'm writing a novel called Aflame and while I'm still planning it, I know that it's going to be based in and around Las Vegas and is about a firefighter that saved a woman from a fire. She then has to start her life from scratch with her daughters and as such has to turn to exotic dancing. The firefighter coincidentally finds her again in her job and the romance starts to begin. Like I said, the planning is still going, but maybe it will turn out well.

Here is my signature banner for the forums. I made it on Canva which by the way- I had no idea that that site even existed. I'm excited for other projects I can make with this! I also made the cover with this as well! They are just for NaNo, but I wish I could keep using them if it gets published. I love the way they came out!


Other than the challenge, the forums are a great place to get some research, some writing buddies or just some good times!

If you are a writer and you are curious or interested in NaNoWriMo, check it out and see if you are up to it! NaNoWriMo Website As for me, I'm not sure with my busy timing that I'll make it to 50k but I'll do what I can; that's always enough for me! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...