Friday, September 12, 2014

My Favorite Present I've Ever Received

Wow, this is a vague topic to write about because I've gotten so many things in my lifetime that I loved as a child, as a teenager and now as an adult so out of all three, I think I'm going to go with as an adult to write about. My favorite present I have ever received was my Nikon Coolpix L110 camera that I got from Juan. It's currently the camera I use for everything that my cellphone wasn't in my hand to take and it's currently what I use for my photoshoots.

via Amazon
How did I come to obtain said camera? Well...there was a situation when we were living in our first apartment. Funds were tighter than usual and we only had enough to buy gifts for our family members and not for each other. So we decided that when the time comes we would get things for ourselves. This is an act that we seem to do every Christmas, now that I think about it. After Christmas passed the next holiday to exchange gifts was Valentine's day. So I ended up getting Juan a Playstation 3 for his VERY LATE Christmas/Valentine's gift and he bestowed me with this camera I love so much.

Me with my new camera in 2011


Why did I pick this present out of everything? I love taking pictures, this much is for certain. I'm always taking pictures of things and putting them in my scrapbooks. But the way I took them was either by my phone or by disposable cameras and those pictures were usually just for scrapbooking. So when I was able to get this camera, I was stoked! I was able to pictures from a farther distance, the quality was so much better and it was pretty easy to use. The only thing that I don't like about it is that you can't change the lens on it. It's pretty much a come as it is camera. So yes, there will be an upgrade from this one, but I still love it to pieces.

Here are some of the great pictures that I have taken with it in the past.





I'm so happy that Juan has given me this and even though I have so many things I love, this is the favorite, by far. What was your favorite present?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...