Sunday, September 14, 2014

Remembering Christopher



Today I am wishing a Happy Birthday to somebody very special.

My cousin, Christopher.

He was a large piece of my life growing up and he was a big part of everybody heart.

Notice the word "WAS." See, Christopher is no longer with us. Not since 2003. In January 2003, somebody cut his life short by coming into his house and murdering him in the night with a knife. I can still remember being taken out of my class in high school and being taken to my Aunt's house only to be told that my cousin was dead. There was such a huge pain in my heart from the moment the words hit my ears and I cried and cried and cried.

Afterwards there was still denial when I would wake up and wonder, "I wonder what Christopher is up to?" and then I would realize once again that my cousin was gone. It sucked, majorly. While it's been a long time since his death, we still always remember him and we remember the person that got the killer to come into his house and get him. That coward that couldn't even try to do the dirty deed himself. There is a place in Hell for people like him and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Today would have been Christopher's 31st birthday. Crazy, huh? He had so much life to live. He could have been somebody's husband, somebody's father, somebody who put his music to something positive. But it never will happen and I'm sorry that it won't. Because Chris was a heck of a person. Sure, he wasn't squeaky clean, but who is? But what he lacked in that department, he made up for in heart. He was always close to his family and was always looking out for us, especially my cousin Audia (who is Kearrah and M'Kya's mother). If he were here today, he would still be doing that, making sure we had what we needed and making sure he was spending time with his nieces.

So once again, I'm going to wish him a Happy Birthday. I know he's up there celebrating it with the Lord. Happy Birthday, Chris. Love you, Cuz!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...