Wednesday, August 6, 2014

NOM NOM NOM- Pinterest Recipes I Have Made

I have never really be a cook growing up in my household as I wasn't really fond of hot things like the oven and stove and frying things-to be honest I still wouldn't really fry anything, I'll leave that to professionals-and I only made food because my mom told me I had to make dinner so when I got married to Juan and we moved into our house, I realized that "Damn...I have to feed him and Sofia, don't I?" Not knowing anything really to make other than what simple things I grew up with (like spaghetti or frozen foods), I turned to Pinterest to help and right away I started to change into somebody I never thought I would be. A woman who cooked. As funny as that sounds, I was amazed by how I could make something so delicious for my family to eat. I haven't had any problems with anything I have made; Juan seems to lick his plate and go for seconds so, I'll keep trying my best to make meals and sweets from recipes made on Pinterest. It's my to-go-to spot!

Here are some meals and sweets I've made in the past:

Chicken and Avocado Salad


This was the very first dish that I made from Pinterest. I had to take away the cilantro that usually comes with it because El Rey isn't fond of it. But in the end, it was a nice meal to eat. I really don't find myself making it much because it can get messy with the avocados. 

Cajun Shrimp Alfredo


I have deviated from this recipe some as I wanted shrimp instead of chicken, but it still tasted great!
  Recipe

Chicken Tortilla Bake


This dish is awesome and its the first casserole I made! My husband and I give it 10 stars! It takes a bit of preparation but is easy to cook and delicious if you like Mexican food type meals. Especially with lots of cheese.

Creamy Burrito Casserole


Another delicious recipe. I actually make this one a lot during the fall and winter. It tastes just like a burrito you would get at a Mexican restaurant. I love it with lots of sour cream. 

Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole


I made this for a dinner visit from our neighbors next door to us Kathy, Jose with their kids and it was a hit. Jose loved it and kept coming back for more. It's cheesy and the Doritos give it a flavorable crunch. 

Salsa Chicken

I made salsa chicken for my first crock pot dish. It was nice but could have had a bit more flavor. Juan liked it though. 

Butterbeer

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter and had always wondered in the books what Butterbeer tasted like. So when I found a recipe for it, I jumped right on it! It was everything I thought it would be, sweet and creamy. 

 Chicken and Dumpling Casserole



This was a good recipe for dinner and it tasted sooo good. The dumpling part was soft and chewy and everybody loved it 

 Pancake Squares


We're getting to the end of my list and I have put my favorite two for last. Pancake Squares is a good breakfast meal for those who want pancakes but don't have pancake mix. Made correctly, it makes a wonderful substitute that tastes just like it. I make it frequently.


Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas


This is my all time favorite recipe so far that I have learned from Pinterest. I would say that it is the recipe that I will make for all family gatherings. I have made with corn tortillas and flour -my mom is allergic to corn- and they both were excellent! This is a great dish!

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I wanted to check out the recipe for the Cajan shrimp alfreado and I can’t click the link. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Grrr...I thought I had put it there! I will have that fixed right away! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...