Monday, July 28, 2014

Throwback Days || Jamaica Trip- Part One

During the year of 2010 when Juan and I were in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and before we decided to move into our apartment, I asked him if he wanted to go to Jamaica with me for my 25th birthday. It took him a little while to answer, but eventually he said yes. We started planning for months and months, doing overtime hours to make more money to spend. Juan simplified the the situation by paying for the whole trip for us. We almost weren't able to go at all because of a car accident on my birthday. Paloma was messed up pretty bad, but we were fine and were able to still go.

After a night of packing, El Rey and I retired for the night and after about three to four hours of sleep, we woke up to go to the airport. Juan looked his finest with jeans and a black shirt from the city he was born in: Chihuahua. I wore a multicolored tye-dye maxi dress with a beaded necklace and bracelet to complete the outfit. We made it to DFW airport and flew for an hour and a half to Atlanta, GA so that we could get on our connecting flight.





The terminal we had to go to was far away so we had to hurry to our gate. We made it just in time! This flight was longer; 2 hours and 10 minutes to be exact, but we dealt with it. Juan by taking a nap and myself with reading and listening to music. After the two hours, we found ourselves on the beautiful island of Jamaica. It was like the photos and then some!  We went through customs and immigration first off, then we went outside where our driver Roy waited for us. We got in the van he brought to us and then our Jamaican vacation officially began.



One cool thing about Jamaican drivers is that they drive on the left side and another is that they drive quite wild and fast. I had never felt more scared and more excited at the same time. It was like the Jamaicans all respected each other on the road despite how crazy they were driving. The only reason for them to honk at all was to greet one another.


It took about forty five minutes or so to get to our resort: Country Country Cottages. When Juan and I got there, Monique who was the manager of the resort greeted us and showed us to our cottage style room. When I say cottage style, I mean it was actually like a small house. We had a porch on two sides and a little table for if we wanted to sit and relax outside.





After we got settled in our room, we decided to go out and eat. We walked down the side walk and we instantly came across a gorgeous view of the beach and ocean. I was so thrilled! I so wanted to put my feet in the cerulean waves.

I did so.

The water was cold at first, but soon after a while, each wave that came over my foot felt warmer and warmer. Greatness. We played at the beach for a while; picking up seashells, then I went up to the tiny restaurant to eat lunch with my man. I ordered ham and cheese quesadillas and Juan ordered barbecue jerk wings. Mine was good but his was better. They were so good, I had to order my own to save his for him to eat. The wings were spicy but oh, so damn good.We paid with Jamaican dollars, which in my opinion was much more expensive than US dollars.


After eating we went back to the hotel for some quality time together, and when evening came headed back to the restaurant for dinner. Juan had a jerk chicken club sandwich with french fries  and I had a burger and fries. Our mixed drinks were as excellent as the food. So good that when I got back to the cottage for the night, I fell out asleep, exhausted even though the chirping frogs were singing all through the night.

*this post has been revised*





Mingle 240

1 comment:

  1. I loved Jamaica as well. I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Check out the post for more info http://twintestedpinapproved.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...