Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Letters From the Queen



To My King: I miss sleeping in the same bed with you and I wish I was feeling better and feeling more confident enough to do that. It gets so lonely out there on the couch night after night after night, but I feel in less pain if I'm there. I'll try my best to sleep more in there and hopefully my body will adjust.

Thank you for helping me with Sofia going to sleep. I know our routine is all messed up since you have moved from day hours to afternoon/evening hours of work, but the point is that you get her to sleep someway or another without tears. That's amazing and I give you kudos for that.

To my Princess: So you are looking like you are wanting to play baseball, huh? Well, I say GO FOR IT! Because you know what, baby girl? You can be whatever you want to be. If you want to play dress up in dresses and then go outside and play with  your four wheeler and your baseball, you do it! I want you to be the very best you can be in everything and anything you want to do. The sky's the limit for you, Sofia Anneliese and I am going to be right there beside you cheering you on.

You sing garbled up words in your microphone, blasting our eardrums out, but I'm still there smiling and clapping for you because I know that one day, you might come to me and say "Mommy, I want to be a singer." Who am I to keep you from your dreams, baby? Reach for them...as high as you can go!

To the Queen Mother: I am so happy that your 50th birthday was a better occasion for you than you thought, Mom. I know you were hurt for a while and it hurt me to not be able to tell you about it. But I knew in the end you were going to love it and be so joyful. I really hope that you understand how important you are to not only me, but your family. They know how wonderful you are and how much joy you can bring into their lives. They wanted this for you so much that they lied to you and kept it a secret. You are a great woman and I'm so incredibly grateful to have you as my mother because I could have had another who wasn't like you and missed out on you. I wish I could blow away all that stuff that is messing with your sinuses and help you feel better too because it sucks to see you not feeling good. Hopefully everything will work itself out.

To Myself: So your birthday week is now over. There is no looking for more presents or stuff like that from people, but that's ok. You have gotten what you wanted from the money that your mother gave you and now it's time to step up and use the next money to do more important things: glasses are first on the list. You can't take the written test without them. Next get some driving lessons. Feel confident enough to drive on that street alone because once you can...there is no telling where you will go! Keep it up and think toward your future.

To my House: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?! Why can you not stay clean? Why can't you just make easy on a healing woman? Buck up! Stay clean for like a week, will ya?






1 comment:

  1. Loved this! Happy belated birthday to your mom! And I feel the same way towards my house -- HOW does it get so messy?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...