Saturday, June 14, 2014

I'm Back!


HELLO THERE!

It's been two weeks since I had my surgery and while I'm still recovering, I'm able enough to walk around and at least come on to the computer and update. So praise the Lord for that. Bits and pieces are fuzzy when it comes to my recovery in the hospital because of all the drugs in my system, but I do remember some things.

I remember getting to the hospital at 5 in the morning because my surgery was at 7:30. Gave me an IV, got to meet all the doctors and nurses and soon found myself in the operating room and asleep. Woke up in pain and after they put my abdominal binder on, took me to my room where I found out to my horror that I wasn't able to eat anything as I was on a liquid diet. Oh My Lord! I could have died right then! The growling my stomach was telling me all I needed to know. But I went with eating jello and Italian Ice that was on the menu.

To be honest I am surprised that I'm even able to remember any of this because I was morphined! That along with another drug and I was in and out of sleep the whole stay. I would be talking to somebody and the next minute...ZZZZZ. Very heavy sleep! Also I think I might have called a few people! That's what my call log says on my phone anyway.

Yep, drugged out of my mind. But I still look kind of cute.

All in all it was a good stay at the hospital. I was taken care of by some awesome nurses and staff. My mom was there taking care of me too. But what was so completely amazing was how much care I got from my hubby. Juan really stepped up to the plate and took care of me. He would feed me, give me water, helped me get up to use the bathroom and etc. It didn't stop there either,  once I was able to go home, he helped me with my drains and getting up from couch and even cooked for me. I was wondering who this man was the whole time cause it wasn't the same husband to went with me to the hospital that morning! This experience has made us grow closer, I think. We talk more and laugh. It makes me really happy.

Sofia has been really good with this too. Even though she wanted so badly to climb all over me and cuddle, she made sure she didn't and would lay next to me on my side or sit next to me on the couch. It's not the same, believe me. I want so badly to pick her up and hug her so tight. But I can't til 4 weeks. It sucks but I want to be recovered enough so I don't have to worry about anything else.

I'm glad that recovery is going faster than I expected. I even noticed that the surgeon made some of my diastasis go away too. My stomach is so much smaller than before! Thank the Lord for that too. It still needs core work though.  But in time...everything will work out. It always does.




1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where you went?! What did you get surgery for?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...