Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Lord's Path is Opening...



It's about time for me to find a new church home, I think. I'm not terribly religious; I could even say I"m not really religious at all. I don't go to church like I used to nor do I study my bible. I guess I could say I just go by faith. I chat with the Lord and I'm just letting him guide me and signal me to when it's time. I just know that I do want to be in church I just need to find the right one.

I used to have a church home that I went to with my uncle. I had been with it since it started in a elementary school and now in a high school as a growing church. I loved the fact that the pastor seemed like a person I could understand. But a few  years afterward I started to feel like it was driven on money. Not so much that they were trying to suck us dry but more so like "if you give this to the Lord...you will get this reward back." While that works for some people, I (22 or 23 at the time) was looking for something more along the lines of how to live a faithful life with God, or how to keep the Lord with you when you are having problems. It didn't feel  like that was happening in that church.

The final straw for me at that church was when they started talking about the new church building that everybody was excited about. I was really excited; they deserved to be in their own place, but the excitement waned as the pastor started talking about a food court in the church. O.o I didn't understand the reason for one and he said it was people that wanted to stick around for the second service. So,  yeah that kind of made sense, but still felt like a waste of money to me. Then when he said that there would be a Starbucks also in the church, that when I knew this wasn't the place for me. I needed something that was about the Lord and not so much about trips and purchases and things like that.

It's been years since then and I find myself straying away from holy things and I know it's because I don't understand majority of things. I don't really study my bible and I should so I can turn to it when I need to. I know that the Lord is with me however. I thank him constantly for all things blessed to me, especially when I least expect it. Like yesterday! I was doing a practice drive to my in-laws with my husband a week ago and though he instructed me to go a certain way, I ended up denting Paloma really bad. Well fast forward to yesterday when a random guy just stopped at our house as we were cleaning out the garage and said that he would fix the truck for 160 dollars! This was truly a blessing as Juan and I had previously talked about how it would cost money to fix it. I just looked up and said, "Thank you...You are awesome, Lord."

So, today as I'm looking around places and blogs, I see all of these faithful ladies of God and I just asked myself: "Why can't I be like that? What is stopping me from continuing my path with my creator?" Is it fear of a repeat? If so, I shouldn't think like that. The past is the past and it's holding me back from what I could be learning. So I think in the very near future, I will be finding a new church home. I"m not too sure if I will be going faithfully in the beginning...but it's a start and I will take the journey that my Lord provides for me graciously.

and so I will leave with a scripture that I think fits this just right: Isaiah 30:21

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Or for a better version for me to understand...

You will hear a word spoken behind you, saying, "This is the correct way, walk in it," whether you are heading to the right or the left.





3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from bloggymoms. can I suggest looking into www.dailyaudiobible.com It's a daily podcast. If you listen everyday it gets you through the bible in 1 year. May the Lord lead you and guide you.
    Ma Backes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your awesome comment. I'll have to take a look at that!

      Delete
  2. Brittney let God lead you to a church because you don't want to end up at the wrong place. You are going to be just like those great women of faith because you were created to be. God will advance you in your study's with him just ask him for his wisdom and knowledge. Im not there myself yet but i am trying so if you need me for anything call me. Love you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...