Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Surgery and Storywriting

Wow....has it been nearly a month since I wrote? Looks that way. I guess I just haven't had the oomph to do so from so much going on in my life. We started with the spring cleaning...but never really got through with it. It's so hard when you have a child who's mission must be to mess up everything you clean up. We're trying our best to clean more than before. We start cleaning after Sofia goes night night so that way it can start fresh every day.

The reason I'm posting now is because I probably won't be able to for a little while more. I'm having surgery to repair my incisional hernia. It came from the area where I had my gallbladder taken out and for the longest time I really thought I had it repaired with mesh when I had that surgery. But alas after an exam from the doctor...he said that he hadn't that he would this time. It won't be laprascopic like last time either (through the belly button) it will be open surgery so I'll be recovering in the hospital for about three days. After which, I can't pick up any heavy things for about a month and you know what that means...no picking up la princesa. It sucks so hard that I won't be able to; we are such cuddle buddies, but I have to get better so that I can later. We will be taking her back and forth between here and my in-laws so that I can have the time to recover correctly without worrying too much about her. Am I nervous? Meh, a bit. More so hoping the pre-op part isn't too painful. I know that the recovery won't be nice, but that's a given. I'm just glad it's being done so I won't have to worry about being in pain there and so I can start working my core muscles without worry either.

So that's that. Lately I have been finding my writing streak and have been writing for challenges in Livejournal. I have been a part of this writing community called Runaway Tales for years now. It's a community where you pick from a vast variety of flavors. These flavors have plots that you can choose from to write about. Once you finish the plots in each flavor, you obtain a banner saying that you have. It can be short or long, pictures or stories...from the past or the present or the future...doesn't matter. Just write. I have written about 200 tales from Runaway Tales or RaTs as it is affectionately known as. I have learned so much about my characters and my plots. Though as in here I do get in a bit of a slump and don't write in it for a bit. But once I do, you can't stop me!

I sadly had to put down my dog Sammie in the beginning of the month so that was a very stressful time for me. She was 14 years old and was growing a tumor so she was suffering. I know she's in a good place now and I won't forget my Muttling ever.




How is the little girl? She's great! Still being the happy go lucky girl that she always is. I don't really have any worries for her except for the fact that she reacts so badly to mosquito bites. They swell and then when they go away, she gets these dark marks that fade away of course over time but still it's horrible to look at and know you can't really prevent them. Sofia is still not talking as many words as I would like but she is learning more and more. She is starting to try to sing though in gibberish. She loves singing the Vamanos song from Dora and Bubble Guppies and she loves yelling "OH Too-Dles!" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She always has Juan and I in stitches laughing.



I can't wait to see what this little girl has in store for us as she grows. It's going to be great!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...