Friday, March 14, 2014

Five on Friday

Double doses of link ups this Friday as I won't be here next Friday to do them!







1. We are stocked with food! Why is this so exciting? Because we were able to get a bunch more food for a lot less money. Usually we go to Wal Mart to buy groceries, but Juan and I had noticed that a new store called Win Co was being made near our house. Now that it's open, we had been able to shop closer to home. Our price when we went shopping at Wal Mart was $200 or so...which is fine. But at WinCo, we were able to get twice as much food and it was only 64 more dollar more than at Wal Mart...So, guess what is the Ortiz family's new supermarket?


2. It's Lent time for Juan and his family so he has given up junk food. It seems to be what he gives up every year and he does a good job of sticking to it, so I decided that I'm going to do my 101 things goal and not eat sweets for a whole month. We'll see how long I can stick to it.

3. I have finally been able to get stuff for myself after getting our tax return. It feels so nice to be able to look and feel like a woman when I need to. Getting my hair done and getting some clothes and other things for myself is something I'm not used to doing because our money is so tight...but this is a heavenly time right now and I have to thank the Lord and my husband for blessing us with this.

The seat belt is not as uncomfortable as it looks.


4. I went to Urgent Care to get looked at because I have been having consistent congestion. Last time I felt like this, I had early pnuemonia and they had to give me a butt shot of antibiotics. So needless to say I was thrilled when they told me all I needed was some meds and not a needle in one of my cheeks!



5. I tried my hand at making vanilla poke cake with vanilla pudding after seeing some recipes on pinterest...it was something new that's for sure. I made it so late in the evening thanks to the new hour change...but it worked out and was delicious.


3 comments:

  1. Woohoo for a tax refund! And having a stocked fridge is one of the best feelings :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha,.. now that is the face of rejoicing for not needing a tush shot!

    I found you on Bloggy Moms. I'm a new blogger myself so I hope you'll come visit me too some time. I am following your various social media channels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is! Hopefully we can keep it that way for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...