Tuesday, February 25, 2014

To-Know-Me Tuesday: Favorite Movies- Round One


I'm not one of those people that go to a movie theater every time a movie comes out, but I do love movies. Who doesn't? There is a movie for everybody. In this To-Know-Me, it's all about ten of my favorite movies. Please believe there are a lot more than ten...but good thing there are future TKMTs to do.

1. Dirty Dancing- One of my all time favorites. I love the passionate romance between Baby and Johnny and of course the dancing. I also love Havana Nights just as much as the first one. 

2. Blade- This is an all time goodie for me. But I only love the first one. The second and third movies just seemed...forced to me. 

3. Rocky IV- Boxing, good music and that tension between the two fighters...greatness.

4. Step Up- All of the movies rock, though I'm not really too fond of the first one. That one was more romantic and while I'm all for romance, if I had to pick between that and dancing, dancing would be the winner.

5. Anna and the King- I saw this movie in high school and fell in love. With the story line and the romance that never happened with her and the King. Also a young Tom Felton! I didn't even realize it until after Harry Potter came out.

6. Chicago- OMG...when this movie came out I didn't even know what it was about! I watched it with my mom and the thought of  this musical as a movie was all I needed for it to win me over. That and the fact that Queen Latifah was in it.

7. Princess and the Frog- This one has three reasons. One is because it marked the first African American princess of Disney (Way to go, Disney!), two is because it wasn't computer generated like majority of them are now, just that classic Disney animation that we all love. Finally three and the best reason: I loved how Tiana didn't even marry another black person. She and Naveen reminded me of myself and Juan. 

8. Underworld- I'm all about the supernatural as long as it's not too gory a movie. Underworld was everything I wanted and then some. Even though they keep making movies that kind of stray from the storyline of the first two, I still love me some vampire/lycan fighting.

9. Dance with Me- I first saw Dance with Me with Vanessa Williams and Cheyenne when I was a preteen. FELL  IN LOVE. It was my favorite movie for a long time. So much so that I even started to know all the dance moves by heart. It's still a classic in my heart now, but you won't see me dancing it!

10. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring- I never read the books: they are probably a lot better than the movies are, but I think the movie must have done it justice. I was hooked on to the story of the hobbits and the dark lord. Not to mention Legolas and his sexy elfish self.

So there are the ten! What are yours! Link up and let us know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...