Sunday, January 19, 2014

SUPER HOUSEWIFE TO THE RESCUE!



On this Episode: Housewife VS Clogged Sink Drain. 

I had been noticing lately that our sink in the bathroom was clogging up something bad. At first I did what I always did and ignored it, despite the disgusted feeling I was getting from it. Finally tonight I said, "What the hell...I'll go and clean it." 

See? I'm not lazy all the time! :P 

I had seen on Pinterest that if you pour 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup baking soda and hot water together down the drain that it would help with that. I'm always one to try things from Pinterest so I got the ingredients together only to find out that the drain needed to be open (that is without the stopper in it). So of course being new at this, I yelled for Juan to help me open it. He told me that he couldn't (couldn't or wouldn't? We'll never know...) So I just did the best I could and dumped some baking soda  in there watching it pile on top of the pile after which I pour the vinegar on it, watching with the amazement of a 3rd grader at a science fair at the bubbling that it made. Hot water was next.

It made some progress but I realized that I needed to use a toothpick to get whatever was clogging it out. So I sucked my fear in, ripped my shirt open to reveal my superhero uniform and went in to grab the villain. The hairball that came out nearly made me pass out, it was so disgusting.... I regained my bearings and went in again and again and again...until finally it was all out. I turned the water on and once I heard the gurgling I knew it right away...

SUCCESS!!!

I still had to push down the vomit that was threatening to come up as I cleaned up the hair raising monster of the drain and disposed of it, but once all that was done and I had cleaned up the bathroom, I came out of the battle zone, knowing one thing:

I'm a bad-ass housewife.  Evil house monsters beware...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...