Sunday, July 7, 2013

Some of My Favorite Past Birthdays


My 28th birthday is looming ever closer to reality and while I don't have any big plans for it, I smile when I think about my past birthdays. Some were the best ever and I want to take the time to reminisce about them.

* My 7th Birthday: Yeah, I went that far back, but it truly has stuck in my mind for all of these years. I remember that on the day of my birthday nothing really happened, just some wishes and a few gifts. But that following Sat, my mom told me that she had a surprise for me. So she blindfolded me and we set out in the car. I had no idea that she had a surprise party for me at Fun Time Pizza (which has since closed of course) I may have been small but it was one of the best surprises I've ever gotten.

* My 16th Birthday: I know, a huge gap from seven to sixteen but I only get fuzzy bits and pieces from other parties. This year I was living with my dad and had no clue if anything at all was going to happen for this important birthday. While I was at my aunt's house however, my mom told me to get dressed in this long beautiful burgundy dress. Imagine my shock at my surprise sweet 16 party! All my family was in on it and were there. There was cake and lots of dancing too! Remembering this though, makes me sad because my sister Ahly didn't get to have a sweet 16 of her own.

* My 21st Birthday: This one was one of the best of the best! How so? This was when my mother and I went to Florida to go to Walt Disney World for the first time! I had wanted to go as a child but now that I think about it, I'm glad I got to go at that age cause the memories are still plenty vivid. I'm also glad I got to do it with my mom too. She's an awesome travel buddy.

The cake my sister, Alisha made for me.

* My 25th Birthday: This one is also one of my all time fave birthdays because not only did I get to go to Jamaica for the first time ever but I also go to go with the love of my life. That was Juan and mine's first time out of the country. There was great food, great lodging, great people and great fun! Hope we can go there again someday.

So now here I am at the present, but what about the future? Soon the big 30 will be around the corner. Do I have big plans for that? Not just yet but I know it will be fun whatever comes up!

Do you have your favorite birthday memories? Share them with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...