Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's That Time Again...

Family reunion time is almost around the corner. In 2009 when I posted about it, it was in Ontario, CA. This year it's going to be in Scottsdale, AZ. I'm excited to see what has been going with people and especially to see my cousin Norma and her baby girl Lola. She and Sofia are the same age. So I'm happy to see them interact. Angel will be coming with us as well and I'm so excited because I want him to meet my family. Money is going to be tight...but hopefully we can work it out.

Wow...a whole trip to Arizona with 8 people. Why 8? Well...we have my mom, my aunt, my cousin Audia and her two daughters Kearrah and M'Kya and me, Juan and Sofia. Phew...that makes me overwhelmed just thinking about it. But hopefully it will be fine. Especially with 4 drivers. Should be a smooth ride save for the youngest person there. Sofia is pretty cool about riding in her car seat. We'll see how it all goes.

In other news, my mother is now living in our house. With her being sick and all...she had left her job and then couldn't pay her stuff. So being her loving daughter, I offered my house to her as she had did to me and Juan. I admit, the transitioning was hard. It went from Sofia having her own room, to sharing with my mom, to her moving back into our room. With my aspergers...all that changing was so hard. There was a lot of stress. But now things are finally settling down. She's getting on her feet...slowly but surely.

Things with me and Juan are good. We're not fighting as much as we used to. It's almost like we are starting to understand each other. He knows how I am and I know how he is. I guess that's what people mean when they say that the 1st year of marriage is the hardest. I still love him and he is still my best friend. I just hope things stay smooth like this between us.

Sofia Anneliese...wow...every day with her is an adventure now. She's so smart and getting so big. She still doesn't know a whole lot of words. Mostly "thank you" "mama" "yes" "hello?" while the rest is just a bunch of chattering jibber. She's known now for shutting the door and trapping herself in a room and also known for touching every single piece of electronic there is. She's our sunshine.

Whoo! Time to go and turn the air on! Texas isn't playing today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...