Sunday, April 14, 2013

Off To Emily's Party

Today we went to a birthday party. My dad used to date this woman named Tammy and I grew up with her and her children, Casey and Logan as a teenager. After I moved in with Juan I hadn't seen any of them since then. So it was lucky that her niece's daughter Emily was only a couple of weeks older than Sofia and that we were keeping in touch. She and her husband invited us to their daughter, Emily's 1st birthday party and while we were there we were able to catch up with Tammy, Casey and Logan.

It was amazing to know that this girl right here...

Seems like so long ago I took this picture. I thought she was
truly beautiful.
...had grown up into this beautiful teenager that I never got to see grow up. It was sad really that I had missed out on her and her brother's life growing up. I had been there in their lives since they were 2 and 3 years old. Maybe in the future I can change that and be more there for them both. Just because things aren't the same with our parents doesn't mean we always have to be separated. They are pretty much part of my family.

Me and my Casey


Anyway, we wished Emily a happy birthday while Sofia had a blast meeting everybody and pushing her little stroller around like she was the boss of it. We had a good time and I'm glad we got to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...