Saturday, January 26, 2013

Reunion With My Father

Today was a huge change in my life. For the past year and two months, I haven't talked to or seen my dad. We had a huge rift after I got married to Juan because he wasn't there when I needed him to be. My dad has always been an in and out kind of dad. Here at some moments, not here at others. But in my opinion, my wedding was one day where he definitely should have been there and did anything he could to stay. But it was what it was and he missed out on a lot of new moments because of it. He didn't get to see me in the later stages of my pregnancy. He didn't see Sofia after she was born, though I did let her go and see him at his house. He didn't get to see our new house or help us move in. We didn't have chats and I didn't go and visit him. I totally tried to black him out and go on with my life. I had my husband and daughter to think about.

Even though...I still had that hurt of missing my dad. So one day, when he just called to relay a message to me, I just told him that I was ready to see him and start over. So we arranged for him to come and he got to see me and see how big Sofia was getting. Do I feel like things are going to be the same? No, because he never really changes. Do I feel like things will be ok? Sure. We can only go forward and try to make the best of what we have. I do love my father and no matter where our life takes us, that will never change. This is a good start I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...