Thursday, August 23, 2012
Baby Favorites 1-3 Months
As we head to Sofia's fourth month, I just want to take the time to share with you other mommies some of my favorite items that I used. Life savers if you would. Some of these are still items I'm using but they are all great in their own little way.
1. Scratch Mittens- These were one of the first things we got when I found out I was pregnant. Adorable as all get out, I didn't know just how much we would need them until our babe was born. Then we realized why. Soon-to-be moms take heed, baby nails are quite sharp and in those first two months, babies love to touch their faces. Sofia had a couple of scratches here and there but a majority of the time, these bad boys stayed on her hands.
2. Swaddler- We had a lot of swaddle blankets including the one that we brought Sofia home in but these swaddleme swaddlers by Summer were a good option for a moment where you need to swaddle and fast. Just put the babe inside and wrap up tight with velcro strips. Sofia was ok with them for a while but when it came down to it, regular swaddles were the way to go.
3. Colic Calm- Sofia didn't have colic but she did have her moments where she was very gassy. As a result, she would be up all night crying. We tried to do the exercises with her legs but that was a fail. We tried swaddling and still nada. Then I read online about this gripe water called Colic Calm and at my wit's end told Juan to take me to a 24 hour CVS to get some. It was really messy; so messy it stained clothing, but it was worth it to see my little lady get some relief. I highly recommend it.
4. My Little Snugabunny Swing- This was the biggest life saver of them all. There were times where nothing would work, not even the Colic Calm and we decided at the last moment that we were going to just get Sofia a swing. We weren't able to before because of money but that was a good choice for us to get because not only did it go up and down, it also went side to side. I remember standing next to Juan and Mom just staring at Sofia to see if she would fall asleep. It worked like a charm and we got some good sleep the next following weeks.
5. Boppy- I had a couple of choices for a breastfeeding pillow but in the end, I picked the Boppy. One, because it helped tremendously with breastfeeding. Sofia was comfy, I was comfy and that made for a good feeding session. Two, because I could use it for Sofia to either lay on or do tummy time on. She wasn't fond of the latter. If you aren't fond of the shape of this pillow then maybe my breast friend is better for you.
6. Wrist Rattle Bracelet- We wanted to have something to entertain Sofia in the early weeks whenever she woke up and so we bought these tiny bracelets for her to wear. She really didn't notice them at first but as she got older she started to gnaw on them. Is it something you absolutely need? No. But it's good fun for little humans.
7. Bumbo- Now this one I didn't buy; my mother bought it for Sofia. It was so awesome letting my 2-month-old little girl sit in the bumbo chair upright to look around. I have never seen anything like it for babies before it came out. On another note, there has been some talk of babies falling off of ledges on the chairs so please, mommies...watch your babes!
8. Dr. Brown's Bottles- Sofia is breastfed but there were times at night that she needed to be fed as well and El Rey would help out with that by giving her a bottle. I immediately picked Dr. Browns because I had heard good things about it and also my cousin Audia had used them for Kearrah and M'Kya as babies. They did a good job on making sure that she didn't have as much gas so that made for a happy baby.
These are just a few things that I used faithfully. Here are some pictures of La Princesa using them. Enjoy!