Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Shower Time!


After the incident with my mother...while I was so happy that she was alive and sounding and looking so much better than before, I was a little worried and sad. My baby shower was scheduled when she had her stay in the hospital so we didn't get to have it. I didn't have diapers and other things yet for Sofia and just knowing that was enough to get me crying.

When I told my mother how I felt; my angel of a mother picked up the phone and asked our cousin Lori if she could quickly put something together for me last minute. Lori said yes, and before I knew it, I was in a apartment clubhouse with my family all around me to celebrate Sofia's incoming arrival. I was so excited and felt so loved. I didn't have many friends with me, just my very close friend, Taylor who I have known ever since I was 18. She drove all the way from Dallas to be with me on my day. If that's not a good friend, I don't know what is!

We had a great time playing games, eating good food, listening to good music and just enjoying each other's company. Then when it came to opening presents, I was so pleasantly surprised. I got diapers! YES! That's what I needed the most!

Then as an even bigger surprise, my mother in law and her sister got me the stroller and the playpen I wanted! There wasn't a happier Mommy in that room then. Maybe mine, because she actually got to be there with me. I'm so thankful that she was able to stay with me and spend this wonderful day with all of us.


Kearrah and M'Kya joining the fun!


(l to r) Taylor, Lori, Karina, Eva, Trey, Cynthia, Mom, Me, Carla
Aunt Janet, Kearrah, M'Kya, Kim, Alicia, Audia, Sarah and Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...