Monday, March 12, 2012

The Blur of Life

I'm still here and alive, lovelies! It's amazing how busy you really get when you become pregnant. The commercials are so right: A child really does change everything.

Pregnancy and baby news

Brittney is now in the third trimester! Woot Woot! Sofia is definitely on the way!

For once in this pregnancy...I actually feel calm and relaxed. Now, physically...it's hell. Sofia is now head down from what my doctor says. So maybe that's why I always feel such pressure on my pelvis and hips. Sometimes it takes forever to turn from one side to the other because when I sleep I'm in so much pain. Heat definitely helps and so does Tylenol. I just hope its not long lasting. I can't deal with this for a longer time than nine months.

I also waddle...what do you know?

Pregnancy is a crazy time, full of discoveries. Sofia has a personality all her own. She's a mover, that's for sure. I really haven't had to do kick counts cause she already has kind of a schedule. She is mostly inactive during the night (if that sticks...Thank you, Jesus!) and she is more active during the day. She is know for kicking and nudging Mommy everywhere and who knows where her hands are going! Sometimes I just find myself wondering "What are you doing in there, child?!" But it's amusing. She hiccups almost every day. It's cute, but sometimes...racks my nerves. But it tells me she's alive so I welcome it.

Also my baby shower is on April 15th. I'm so excited! My mom is going to be running it so I know it's going to be cute. I'll show pictures when it comes

Married Life

Nothing was really solved with the situation with the in-laws or with the housing situation, but Juan claims he's going to fix it. (You better, Mister...) I feel like right now, where we are...we won't have a house before Soi is born. Damn shame because I really will go and stay with my mom then. I hope he doesn't think I'm bluffing. I don't bluff majority of the time and I know I won't when it comes to taking care of my daughter. He seems like he's dragging his feet. Hopefully being with out me and Sofia will whip him into shape

I told Juan that I don't see his family the same way anymore. I'll respect them as always, but I'm not going to have that general urge to be a part of their lifestyle and I sure as hell am not going to struggle to learn Spanish to speak to his mother. She won't learn English for me so what the hell am I working for?

But after I spent a weekend at my Mom's house, my mom told him a few words that might have made him feel like he needed to do something. She told him, because one night during Christmas, we stayed at my mom's apartment overnight and Juan felt really uncomfortable. My mom understood this and she told him. "You know how you were uncomfortable that night? That's how Brittney feels every day at your mother's house." It was the truth. I couldn't deny it.

After that, his attitude kind of changed. We started talking more to each other and I hadn't found myself feeling irritated around him. Like this weekend, we pretty much talked and relaxed all weekend. He helps me a lot with my pain. Like if my hips hurt, he'll massage them. I feel like a bother sometimes but he never lets me seem like that.

I love my man...nuff said.

Career 
Sad to say, my job at Equifax is over. They let me go last Friday...cause they said my work wasn't the best. Oh, well...I'm pregnant so what do they expect me to be like. I'm tired during the day and my mind is always wondering. They let me go like two hours after I started work. I was so embarrassed packing up my stuff as people were watching. I'm like: either call me and tell me I'm not working anymore, or tell me 30 minutes before I leave. What was the point of me working two hours? Then to make matters worse I have to hear about it again from my dumb temp agency "Oh, hey Brittney...just in case you didn't hear, your assignment has been terminated." IN CASE I DIDN'T HEAR? I was there!




Oh well... this is a good time for me to get some rest with my baby girl. I don't know what I'm going to do money wise; I still have to pay for the hospital, but I guess I'll figure it out. Until then...I'm just going to live life one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...