Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Gobble Day!!!



Is it already Thanksgiving Day?! This holiday came by so fast and I just know that Christmas is going to come just as fast! A couple of years ago, I didn't know what my plans were for the holiday because ever since Nanny passed away, it's been so hard trying to figure out where to celebrate this holiday of food and thanks. Last year, I had Thanksgiving at my apartment for the first time. It was just a small thing with some of my family and Juan. He really doesn't celebrate it and isn't a fan of turkey but he won't turn down cooked food. :) It was a good time and I actually did a good job cooking! Go me!


This year however, seeing as we don't have our apartment anymore, I had to find somewhere to go and eat and since I had been communicating more with my Auntie Brenda, I asked if I could come over and eat. She said yes and now I find myself writing this blog in her house. I spent the night because my husband had to leave for Lubbock, TX with his family. I miss him so much already. But I know he's going to have a good time, just like I will. He'll be drinking and I'll be eating. We'll definitely keep in touch while he's over there.


Mmmm...

Already, I can tell this is going to be some good eating. There's going to be turkey, ham, stuffing, corn, mac and cheese, greens, giblet gravy, cranberry sauce, pecan and sweet potato pie, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Then there is the fruit salad that I helped make. I hope everybody likes it. My mom is going to her best friend's house to eat and we made a deal that when we get through eating, she's going to make me a plate from there and I'm going to make her a plate from there. That way we get to eat all kinds of stuff. I know...we're gluttons!


I don't really know why I love Thanksgiving so much. Maybe it's the food...maybe it's the family. I think it's both, really. Just being able to sit and eat good soul food with your family makes it all worth it. I haven't seen this part of my family in a long time and it's going to be so nice to hang out with them for a while. 

I'm kind of sad that the situation with my dad is the way it is. But I've decided that my husband and my child are more important now. If that means that we don't talk until the baby is born then I guess that's just how it's going to have to be. Things might right themselves in time. 


Well, it's time for me to take a nap before everybody arrives. I hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I will!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing your holiday...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...